Just 12 months ago, Apple’s burgeoning mobile phone business could do no wrong in Australia. Fresh from the local launch of the iPhone 3GS and with a market share ranking that was speedily catching up to the likes of Nokia and Research in Motion’s Bl...
Beware open source. Just ask AOL. All it wanted in the late 1990s was a killer browser to destroy Microsoft's Internet Explorer. They figured the best way of getting this was to make Netscape open source. Four long years later, AOL finally got what i...
A Google executive said this week that he's hopeful that Nokia will decide to adopt the Android platform after new leadership at the world's biggest mobile phone manufacturer finishes a new evaluation of smartphone options.
Skype released an updated version of its Symbian client, which adds support for Nokia's N8, C7 and the E5, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Google's Android continues to grow faster in the U.S. than other top smartphone operating systems, including Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS and Apple's iOS, according to the latest ComScore rankings, which were released Friday.
Apple's mobile OS has been facing stiff competition from Google's Android in the smartphone world for quite some time, but a few recent moves from Cupertino suggest that it's feeling the heat more than ever.
The people behind the Opera mobile Web browser have released the results of their State of the Mobile Web survey, which questioned 300,000 users in July and August this year. It makes for fascinating reading.
We all knew Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 would have a hard time catching up with the leading contenders in the smartphone arena, and now there's yet another fresh batch of evidence suggesting that it can't.
Symbian Foundation has started dismantling itself. On Dec.17 the organization will shut down its websites, and anyone who wants to get the source code for the current version of the Symbian mobile operating system should download it now or they will ...
Some Nokia N8 smartphones are turning themselves off or refusing to turn on after charging. Nokia has identified a manufacturing problem and has promised to replace the small number of affected phones it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Nokia has been boasting its new Ovi Store is a huge success. Launched last year in a bizarre staggered release that saw the U.S. served after practically everywhere else worldwide, Ovi Store is Nokia's answer to Apple's App Store and similar efforts ...
Three of the four largest mobile phone carriers in the U.S. have formed a joint venture to turn phones into digital wallets, allowing subscribers to pay for groceries and other retail items using their phones, instead of credit cards or other methods...
Android-based smartphones with NFC (Near Field Communication) will help turn mobile phones into wallets, but there are issues that have to be solved before that happens, according to analysts.
Smartphone sales for the third quarter almost doubled compared to last year, driven by explosive growth in sales of Android phones, although Symbian remained the best-selling operating system. Sales of Apple's iPhone also grew strongly, according to ...
Nokia is taking over the development of the Symbian smartphone OS, and is still committed to the platform, the company said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qualcomm flaw puts millions of Android devices at risk
- US trade body investigates seven smartphone companies
- Maps of Google and other services could require security clearance in India
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Business Analyst - ServicePLUSVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Sydney BasedNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCL3 - Network Design and Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- CCSolution Architect (security domain)VIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange LeadACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT