Nokia is planning to roll out four or five upgrades to its Symbian OS in the next 12 to 15 months, adding a new look for the user interface and a more flexible home screen as it tries to make its struggling operating system relevant again, according ...
Google's lead Android developer Andy Rubin tweeted that the company is activating more than 300,000 Android phones each day. This equates to more than 9 million Android phones activated per month, despite reports that the platform's activation number...
Just 12 months ago, Apple’s burgeoning mobile phone business could do no wrong in Australia. Fresh from the local launch of the iPhone 3GS and with a market share ranking that was speedily catching up to the likes of Nokia and Research in Motion’s Bl...
Beware open source. Just ask AOL. All it wanted in the late 1990s was a killer browser to destroy Microsoft's Internet Explorer. They figured the best way of getting this was to make Netscape open source. Four long years later, AOL finally got what i...
A Google executive said this week that he's hopeful that Nokia will decide to adopt the Android platform after new leadership at the world's biggest mobile phone manufacturer finishes a new evaluation of smartphone options.
Skype released an updated version of its Symbian client, which adds support for Nokia's N8, C7 and the E5, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
Google's Android continues to grow faster in the U.S. than other top smartphone operating systems, including Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS and Apple's iOS, according to the latest ComScore rankings, which were released Friday.
Apple's mobile OS has been facing stiff competition from Google's Android in the smartphone world for quite some time, but a few recent moves from Cupertino suggest that it's feeling the heat more than ever.
The people behind the Opera mobile Web browser have released the results of their State of the Mobile Web survey, which questioned 300,000 users in July and August this year. It makes for fascinating reading.
We all knew Microsoft's Windows Phone 7 would have a hard time catching up with the leading contenders in the smartphone arena, and now there's yet another fresh batch of evidence suggesting that it can't.
Symbian Foundation has started dismantling itself. On Dec.17 the organization will shut down its websites, and anyone who wants to get the source code for the current version of the Symbian mobile operating system should download it now or they will ...
Some Nokia N8 smartphones are turning themselves off or refusing to turn on after charging. Nokia has identified a manufacturing problem and has promised to replace the small number of affected phones it said in a blog post on Thursday.
Nokia has been boasting its new Ovi Store is a huge success. Launched last year in a bizarre staggered release that saw the U.S. served after practically everywhere else worldwide, Ovi Store is Nokia's answer to Apple's App Store and similar efforts ...
Three of the four largest mobile phone carriers in the U.S. have formed a joint venture to turn phones into digital wallets, allowing subscribers to pay for groceries and other retail items using their phones, instead of credit cards or other methods...
Android-based smartphones with NFC (Near Field Communication) will help turn mobile phones into wallets, but there are issues that have to be solved before that happens, according to analysts.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows) 160804/ITA/151Asia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Citrix & VMWareNSW
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCEnterprise Data Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCVendor ManagerVIC