Nokia is giving developers the tools to write Windows Phone apps that lets users do more with their photos, like combine shots taken with the front and back cameras.
The options are increasing for people who want an LTE smartphone, but don't want to spend a fortune or sign an expensive contract. Two new alternatives that won't drain wallets are Nokia's Lumia 635 and the Huawei-made Kestrel.
Nokia will be the first smartphone company to make a Windows Phone compatible with two SIM cards. The company, which is currently being acquired by Microsoft, announced the release of two new smartphones at the Microsoft Build conference in San Franc...
Overnight Nokia announced the Lumia 930 at the Microsoft Build conference in San Francisco, a Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone bristling with both features and the adored design language technophiles identify as uniquely Nokia.
Nokia has delayed to April the sale of its smartphone business to Microsoft as it still hasn't received approvals from certain antitrust authorities in Asia.
Nokia's Refocus app -- which lets users play with the focus after a picture has been taken -- is now available for all Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8.
Nokia made a bold announcement at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as it unveiled its first ever range of Google Android devices. The three smartphones, the Nokia X, X+ and XL, are the first Nokia devices to run Google’s Android since the compa...
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The big news from Nokia at Mobile World Congress was its Android-based X family, but the company also launched the Nokia 220 feature phone and the Asha 230.
In a bid to go after the low-end smartphone segment, Nokia is using Android with its own user interface and Microsoft services on the X, X+ and XL devices.
Nokia's Here Maps application will be available for free in the coming days for all Windows 8.1 users, including those with devices running Windows Pro and Windows RT.
Nokia has unveiled its Treasure Tag device, which can help people use their smartphones to find valuables like keys or a bag by putting a tag on them.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
Nokia and HTC have settled their long-running patent infringement battles, which played out in several countries and have seen a handful of HTC phones banned from sale in Europe.
Stocks including shares of tech companies tanked on Friday mainly due to worries about slowing global economic growth, but the mixed earnings reports from IT giants did nothing to calm concerns.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire DevelopersQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- CC3x DevOps / Integration Developers l AWS- Cloud- Linux- Puppet Ansible- JIRA-DNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll Support ConsultantNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCAutomation Test Analyst - Geospatial and Industrial EnterpriseVIC
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD