Nokia has delayed to April the sale of its smartphone business to Microsoft as it still hasn't received approvals from certain antitrust authorities in Asia.
Nokia's Refocus app -- which lets users play with the focus after a picture has been taken -- is now available for all Lumia smartphones with Windows Phone 8.
Nokia made a bold announcement at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona as it unveiled its first ever range of Google Android devices. The three smartphones, the Nokia X, X+ and XL, are the first Nokia devices to run Google’s Android since the compa...
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
The big news from Nokia at Mobile World Congress was its Android-based X family, but the company also launched the Nokia 220 feature phone and the Asha 230.
In a bid to go after the low-end smartphone segment, Nokia is using Android with its own user interface and Microsoft services on the X, X+ and XL devices.
Nokia's Here Maps application will be available for free in the coming days for all Windows 8.1 users, including those with devices running Windows Pro and Windows RT.
Nokia has unveiled its Treasure Tag device, which can help people use their smartphones to find valuables like keys or a bag by putting a tag on them.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
Nokia and HTC have settled their long-running patent infringement battles, which played out in several countries and have seen a handful of HTC phones banned from sale in Europe.
Stocks including shares of tech companies tanked on Friday mainly due to worries about slowing global economic growth, but the mixed earnings reports from IT giants did nothing to calm concerns.
Nokia's improving Lumia shipments came to a halt during the fourth quarter, bad news for Microsoft, which will soon take over the phone unit.
The European Patent Office (EPO) has upheld a narrowed version of a patent on 3G technology at the heart of several legal disputes in Germany, an EPO spokesman said Thursday.
The Lumia 1320 aims to bring the large-screen form factor to the masses by delivering a value-for-money proposition. With a low $449 price tag, it poses a serious threat to its larger and more expensive rivals.
The U.S. International Trade Commission has ruled against InterDigital in a complaint that alleged Huawei, Nokia, ZTE had infringed the company's patents.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Afraid of floods and hackers? Put your data in space.
- Salesforce brings cross-channel service a step closer with new 'Snap-ins'
- US government agencies are still using Windows 3.1, floppy disks and 1970s computers
- New court request raises further doubts about transatlantic data transfers
- Top-level domain expansion is a security risk for business computers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW