Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
WARNING: Overclocking is not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt to hack your phone unless you understand and accept the risks of turning it into a useless "brick."
There are many ways that vendors of proprietary products try to scare business customers away from open source software, and one of the more commonly heard examples involves vague fears about compliance with open source licenses. There's nothing like...
With all the many reasons to use Linux today -- particularly in a business setting --it's often a relatively easy decision to give Windows the boot. What can be more difficult, however, is deciding which of the hundreds of Linux distributions out the...
Chances are good that if someone walked into your office right now and peeked over your shoulder, they would see a Windows operating system on your computer. But, did you know that you have a choice of something other than Windows for that computer o...
In the almost 20 years since Linux was first released into the world, free for anyone to use and modify however they like, the operating system has been put to a lot of uses.
Firefox 3.6.6 with crash protection is now available, and according to Mozilla it "provides uninterrupted browsing for Windows and Linux users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystWA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCMedical Imaging Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneVIC
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTPHP DevelopersQLD
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperWA
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- FTAngular DeveloperNSW