Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
Avaya tomorrow will reveal a road map that shows how its customers – in particular its newly minted Nortel customers - can move to unified communications technologies without ripping out existing gear.
Thursday marks the end of a very busy year of bankruptcy for Nortel, one that saw painful dismantling of the once mighty telecom giant and that leaves Avaya on the verge of revealing exactly what it plans to do with the enterprise VoIP and switching ...
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IBM just found a way to turn toxic old smartphones into medical-grade plastic
- Microsoft Sway gets its first paid features
- Thousands of hacked CCTV devices used in DDoS attacks
- Cloud consortium says simpler EU electronic signature rules aren't simple enough
- Lightning strikes Outlook in latest Salesforce-Microsoft integration
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCTibco DeveloperWA