Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
Avaya tomorrow will reveal a road map that shows how its customers – in particular its newly minted Nortel customers - can move to unified communications technologies without ripping out existing gear.
Thursday marks the end of a very busy year of bankruptcy for Nortel, one that saw painful dismantling of the once mighty telecom giant and that leaves Avaya on the verge of revealing exactly what it plans to do with the enterprise VoIP and switching ...
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
- FCC wireless auction hits spectrum target, paving way for fast, reliable 5G
- IBM offers advice on how to secure blockchain in the cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- FTSolution Delivery Manager ( RTTM)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Contact Centre/Telephony FocusNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTSystem EngineerACT