Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
Avaya tomorrow will reveal a road map that shows how its customers – in particular its newly minted Nortel customers - can move to unified communications technologies without ripping out existing gear.
Thursday marks the end of a very busy year of bankruptcy for Nortel, one that saw painful dismantling of the once mighty telecom giant and that leaves Avaya on the verge of revealing exactly what it plans to do with the enterprise VoIP and switching ...
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
With Nokia Siemens bidding on Nortel's wireless business and Avaya rumored to be grabbing up its enterprise gear, it is all but inevitable that the rest of company will be broken up and sold off in pieces, which raises questions. Here are some of the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW