Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
Avaya tomorrow will reveal a road map that shows how its customers – in particular its newly minted Nortel customers - can move to unified communications technologies without ripping out existing gear.
Thursday marks the end of a very busy year of bankruptcy for Nortel, one that saw painful dismantling of the once mighty telecom giant and that leaves Avaya on the verge of revealing exactly what it plans to do with the enterprise VoIP and switching ...
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Even after it buys Nortel, Avaya won't dominate Cisco in the battle for business-communications customers, according to a new study.
Ciena will pay US$769 million for the optical networking and carrier Ethernet assets of Nortel Networks' Metro Ethernet Networks business, the two companies said on Monday.
A mere five days before Ciena (NASDAQ: CIEN) announced it's deal to purchase Nortel's (NRTLQ.PK) Metro Ethernet Networks business, Ciena was prepared to pay US$10 million in cash more for it.
Nortel Networks is preparing to auction off its division that makes equipment for GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) networks early next month, continuing the unloading of its businesses under bankruptcy reorganization.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Avaya has emerged as the winning bidder for Nortel’s enterprise business, reportedly beating out Siemens Enterprise Communications over the weekend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP DS and BI SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT