A group of businesses and universities, led by North Carolina State University, will work together to design and manufacture next-generation, low-power semiconductors, U.S. President Barack Obama said Wednesday.
With the new networking method, devices are able spot a problem unit and then isolate it from the network before it can do any damage
Three researchers from North Carolina State University have developed a software protocol that better manages high traffic loads on a Wi-Fi router when too many users connect, the university said on Tuesday.
Researchers have spotted the first malware that exploits a critical vulnerability in Android 2.3, aka Gingerbread, finding samples tucked into legitimate apps on Chinese download sites.
A lot of the software written for Google's Android mobile phones falls short when it comes to user privacy and security.
Google removed more malware-infected applications from its Android Market last week, according to a security researcher who reported the rogue software to the company.
IBM's research division is working on several virtualization projects that could boost security of cloud computing networks, reduce data center power costs, and improve the ability to run multiple hypervisors and operating systems, including Linux an...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung still struggling with the recovery of Note7 phones from users
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft wants to enable cellular PCs, but will carriers bite?
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Security LeadVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystACT
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Security Analyst | 6mth ContractVIC
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- TPUAT LeadQLD