If you're in the market for a new laptop and are wondering when the best time is to buy — the answer is "now"! As most retailers see a surge in sales between now and mid-January, it won't make any difference if you buy now or wait until the pos...
If money is no object, then you're obviously not working in journalism. But if your wallet is bulging and you aren't planning on blowing your cash on over-priced pints from North Sydney pubs, then you might be interested in the following seven notebo...
Nokia spokespeople are quick to correct you if you slip and call the Booklet 3G a netbook.
We may not have the Black Friday specials seen in the US, but we've rounded up some great bargains including budget GPS devices from TomTom and a great deal on the Nokia Navigator smart phone. Plus we unearth savings on HP's quality inkjet multifunct...
About fifteen years ago, my husband and his colleague had their laptop computers stolen out of a car. They were fearful of reporting the incident to their boss, largely because the laptops had cost the company about US$7,000 each. A $14,000 hit to th...
This morning, Intel has just unveiled its newest mobile processor. Surprise! Okay, not really. We've heard about this chip for what feels like ages. Well, today we're gonna tell you how a Core i7 laptop performs in initial tests.
Check out some cheap TVs, a great notebook and more!
PC World will soon be publishing WorldBench 6, the latest version of our PC benchmarking suite. What does that mean to you? WorldBench is the core set of applications that PC World uses to test all kinds of desktop PCs and laptop PCs. The results gen...
A lot has changed in the 20 years since the first laptop computers appeared, including gigahertz processors, color screens, optical drives and wireless data. However, one thing that has stubbornly stayed the same is the conventional clamshell format ...
Your dad probably already has a notebook computer -- an old one which he probably curses at every time it freezes, just when he's about to open up a funny e-mail from one of his mates. This Father’s Day why not give your dad a new notebook PC so he c...
For more than seven years, Australians have gone without computers with cow-branded logos. Now, thanks to Acer and its "multi-brand" strategy, Gateway is back, toting an entirely new range of notebooks.
HP's newest netbook is an economy-class version of the company's popular Mini 1000 line. What corners get cut, and is this mini-laptop worth its weight? Read our first impressions.
What goes up must come down, and lately what's coming down are netbooks, as more and more articles talk about the compact computers disappointing customers. However, we can't blame netbooks for that. We can only blame vendors who overhype and custome...
Half-price multifunction printers, free Nintendo Wiis and a new iPhone in our update of hot deals! Some end June 30,2009 -- so don't miss out.
It's turning out to be the year of the netbook. So far we've had new netbooks from ASUS, Acer, HP, MSI, Samsung and Toshiba -- all 10in models -- while Fujitsu is planning to release its new models in the coming weeks.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSenior Security AnalystACT
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCITCM Technical Specialist - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- TPDeployment Support EngineerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTPerformance Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW