HP today announced a slew of new consumer computing devices that are available to buy now. The new computers don’t run Windows 10 out of the box, but will be upgradeable once the new operating system rolls out from 29 July. Here’s the low-down on the...
How does Windows 10, which Microsoft has been trying to make friendlier for desktops and notebooks, fare on tablets?
Medion is no longer the only game in town when it comes to well-featured, low-cost notebooks. Online store, Kogan, has just announced the availability of a 14-inch Windows 8.1 laptop (called Atlas X14FHD) that can be bought for $359 plus the delivery...
Included in this week’s Aldi Special Buys is another Medion laptop with an attractive price point. It’s a 15.6in model with a stated thickness of 25mm and a weight of 2.3kg. We're sure you're all thinking the same thing: is it worth buying?
Asus has announced that its ZenBook UX305 ultraportable laptop is available for Australians to pre-order now from its Web site. It’s a 13.3in model that will be available in configurations for both consumers and commercial customers, with pricing for...
Budget brand, Medion, will be pushing new products through Aldi supermarkets this Australia Day weekend. They include a new desktop PC, a 15.6in notebook, and a 4.5in Android smartphone. The products go on sale Saturday 24 January, and will be availa...
Intel's Core M processor promised a new wave of small-screen tablets. But at CES 2015, Intel hustled in the main event: the launch of the fifth-generation "Broadwell-U" Core processor for mainstream desktops and notebooks.
Alienware continues its push into the mobile PC market the introduction of its Alienware 13 notebook.
Android and iOS tablets have come a long way, but for many users they're still not suitable laptop replacements. However, you can change that. These 12 gadgets each help bridge the gap between notebook PC and tablet.
Nvidia has announced a top-to-bottom refresh of its mobile graphics processor line, promising chips that deliver more horsepower while consuming less electrical power. The company also announced a number of new design wins with big-name gaming laptop...
Following the commercial availability of Windows 8.1, Toshiba has released its 8-inch tablet, Encore.
Dell is continuing its push into the hybrid PC category with a refresh of its XPS 12 Ultrabook, as well as the introduction of the XPS 12.
Following a public unveiling at this year’s E3 in Los Angeles, Alienware showcased its latest range of elite gaming laptops at an even in Sydney.
At the Samsung Premiere event in London yesterday, the company showed off nine new products that will be hitting Australia around the August-September period. The new products included three new Galaxy S4 smartphones (the Active, Mini and Zoom), one ...
Samsung's ATIV Book 9 Plus is the next generation of the slick Series 9 Notebook, and it's now more luxurious than ever. It gets a fourth generation Intel Core CPU, a touchscreen, improvements to its traditional input devices and, most importantly, a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google execs defend tax deal to UK legislators
- Now your phone can scan documents directly to the cloud with Box Capture
- Critical VPN key exchange flaw exposes Cisco security appliances to remote hacking
- Qualcomm bringing LTE connectivity to wearables with new Wear platform
- Qualcomm's new chips target low-cost smartphones with premium features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (CISCO/SSLVPN/Firewall) 160211/SA/551Asia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerSA
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Research Data ProjectNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW