Dell is continuing its push into the hybrid PC category with a refresh of its XPS 12 Ultrabook, as well as the introduction of the XPS 12.
Following a public unveiling at this year’s E3 in Los Angeles, Alienware showcased its latest range of elite gaming laptops at an even in Sydney.
At the Samsung Premiere event in London yesterday, the company showed off nine new products that will be hitting Australia around the August-September period. The new products included three new Galaxy S4 smartphones (the Active, Mini and Zoom), one ...
Samsung's ATIV Book 9 Plus is the next generation of the slick Series 9 Notebook, and it's now more luxurious than ever. It gets a fourth generation Intel Core CPU, a touchscreen, improvements to its traditional input devices and, most importantly, a...
Alienware unveiled its three new gaming notebook at the fourth generation Intel Core launch that recently took place in Sydney, as well as the Alienware X51 desktop.
AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
ASUS today confirmed that its Taichi 21 hybrid Ultrabook is expected to be in Australian stores by 21 January. It has been a long time coming for this 11.6in hybrid product, which we initially reviewed back in November 2012, and it's sure to get a fa...
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultraboo...
The table below shows performance results for all the laptops that we have tested in 2011. The latest reviews are listed at the top of the table and we'll be adding all of the notebooks and netbooks that we test throughout the year.
Samsung has today announced what it claims to be the world's lightest and thinnest Core i5 Sandy Bridge laptop computer. The Samsung Notebook Series 9 (NP900X3A-A01AU) is made out of duralium (a type of aluminium alloy) and is said to weigh 1.31kg wi...
Dell's AMD Fusion-based Inspiron M102z laptop is now available for Australian customers at a starting price of $599. It's an 11.6in laptop that can be configured with either the entry-level 1GHz AMD C-50 APU or the slightly more powerful 1.6GHz AMD E...
Dell has just announced that it will be offering new 2nd Generation Core (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) laptops in six weeks. The technology will make use of the Series 6 chipset, and it will be featured in many of the company's most popular lines...
If you've recently splashed out on a shiny new MacBook Pro notebook, Henge Docks, manufacturer of docking stations for Apple's line of MacBook computers, may be just what you need to incorporate your new machine into a desktop setup.
Engadget today found that the specifications for Lenovo's ThinkPad X220 laptop have already popped up on the vendor's site. A PDF on the American Lenovo site lists details of the notebook that will make any laptop lover -- and any PC lover in general...
Apple's new MacBook Pro shows some quality-of-build problems that shouldn't be seen in a notebook that costs $1,800, a teardown expert said today.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- TPIntegration DeveloperWA
- CCUX DesignerNSW