AMD is trying to get noticed again in the notebook space with a new Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) codenamed Richland, which is based on, but improves on the previous APU, codenamed Trinity.
ASUS today confirmed that its Taichi 21 hybrid Ultrabook is expected to be in Australian stores by 21 January. It has been a long time coming for this 11.6in hybrid product, which we initially reviewed back in November 2012, and it's sure to get a fa...
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultraboo...
The table below shows performance results for all the laptops that we have tested in 2011. The latest reviews are listed at the top of the table and we'll be adding all of the notebooks and netbooks that we test throughout the year.
Samsung has today announced what it claims to be the world's lightest and thinnest Core i5 Sandy Bridge laptop computer. The Samsung Notebook Series 9 (NP900X3A-A01AU) is made out of duralium (a type of aluminium alloy) and is said to weigh 1.31kg wi...
Dell's AMD Fusion-based Inspiron M102z laptop is now available for Australian customers at a starting price of $599. It's an 11.6in laptop that can be configured with either the entry-level 1GHz AMD C-50 APU or the slightly more powerful 1.6GHz AMD E...
Dell has just announced that it will be offering new 2nd Generation Core (formerly codenamed Sandy Bridge) laptops in six weeks. The technology will make use of the Series 6 chipset, and it will be featured in many of the company's most popular lines...
If you've recently splashed out on a shiny new MacBook Pro notebook, Henge Docks, manufacturer of docking stations for Apple's line of MacBook computers, may be just what you need to incorporate your new machine into a desktop setup.
Engadget today found that the specifications for Lenovo's ThinkPad X220 laptop have already popped up on the vendor's site. A PDF on the American Lenovo site lists details of the notebook that will make any laptop lover -- and any PC lover in general...
Apple's new MacBook Pro shows some quality-of-build problems that shouldn't be seen in a notebook that costs $1,800, a teardown expert said today.
Apple today updated its MacBook Pro range of notebooks with newer graphics and CPU components, using Intel's latest Sandy Bridge chipsets.
"More power" is the theme of Apple's new MacBook Pro notebook computers unveiled Thursday, with multi-core processors, improved graphics, and a blazingly fast new I/O technology called Thunderbolt that tops out at 10Gbps.
Apple today released a preview of Mac OS X 10.7, aka Lion, to developers, who can download the new operating system from the Mac App Store.
Pop singer Megan Washington appears in a new ad for Dell's XPS line of laptops, singing her new single Cement. The new Dell models feature cool new lid artwork, which is hinted at throughout the ad by Washington's swirl-inducing hand, but the laptops...
Toshiba has announced two new netbooks: the Toshiba NB500 and the Toshiba NB550D. Both netbooks weigh 1.35kg, feature a 10.1in screen and a 6-cell battery, and will be available in various colours -- orange, blue, copper brown, lime green, and black ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Privacy group shoots legal arrow at Privacy Shield
- Samsung's smartphone share hit by Note7 debacle, stiff competition
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Hands-on: Microsoft's Surface Studio is a Windows PC for the Mac crowd
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEnvironment/ Oracle/ Active Directory Support AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceSA
- CCProject Manger - Minor Works ProjectVIC
- CCWebSphere Portal AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- TPJunior Project ManagerSA
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Analytics AnalystNSW
- CCProject Change ManagerNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- FTLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW