Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
A Hewlett-Packard netbook with Intel's upcoming Atom N455 processor is available for pre-order on a German Web site ahead of the chip's official launch.
Have you wanted multi-touch support on your notebook's touchpad, but were out of luck because you've been running Ubuntu? Synaptics announced today the extension of its Gesture Suite to several Linux operating systems, which means that you can now z...
Solid-state drives (SSD) have been among the hottest hardware products for more than two years, with a good deal of uptake within the consumer PC, notebook and netbook markets in response to a precipitous drop in pricing in 2007 and 2008.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Bored with the fact that Lenovo ThinkPads come only in basic black? Not any more. The <a href="http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkpad/2010/Edge">ThinkPad Edge</a> is not only available in fire-engine red (as well as matte or glossy black), ...
MSI has announced that its award-winning Wind U160 netbook will be available for purchase by Australian customers in late May.
Worldwide netbook shipments are expected to grow in the first quarter of 2010, but could be affected as handheld tablets like the iPad gain in popularity, research firm DisplaySearch said in a study released on Monday.
Acer on Wednesday announced its Aspire Ethos laptops, which incorporate a secondary touch screen that doubles as a touchpad to help navigate multimedia content.
Taiwanese companies will show off "at least 10" devices similar to Apple's upcoming iPad at the Computex electronics show in June, one of the event's organizers said Tuesday.
Lenovo is looking to increase its share of the Australian consumer notebook market and is hinging its hopes on an expanded IdeaPad range, which includes a netbook with a built-in multitouch screen.
In a bid to bring some fresh designs to its Studio range of notebooks, Dell held a 'Make it Yours' competition, giving Aussies the chance to design a notebook lid.
Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G), which is ranked 20th on the Fortune 500 list, can afford to buy its employees laptops. But it is instead letting several hundred of its workers use their own laptops as part of a workplace experiment.
A Chinese company is tweaking Google’s Android operating system to run on a laptop using homegrown Chinese microprocessors, which are backed by the government.
Hewlett-Packard on Monday launched its first mainstream business laptop with a touchscreen, but said it would be cautious in bringing touch technology to its existing business laptop lines.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Crystal Report) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW