Asustek Computer will be the first computer maker to put Intel's AppUp Center application store on netbooks, the chip maker said Tuesday.
Taiwan's Micro-Star International showed for the first time on Monday a laptop computer with a keyboard that flips over to reveal a sensor pad for pen input. The Sketch Pad, which is still a prototype, was unveiled at the same time it launched a Wind...
Asustek Computer Thursday showed off its latest collection of laptops made using bamboo material as well as a family of laptops with Bang & Olufsen sound systems.
One Laptop Per Child won't use Microsoft's Windows OS on its upcoming XO-3 tablet, which will run Linux, OLPC's CTO said Thursday.
With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
Netbooks may have won over many users with their relatively low cost and small size, but Dell doesn't see the lightweight machines ever replacing laptops with more powerful processors inside.
Hewlett-Packard has extended a worldwide recall program for batteries that could cause laptops to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Acer shot down speculation that it plans to release a series of netbooks running Google's Chrome OS at the upcoming Computex exhibition in Taipei.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Demand for netbooks is stabilizing and is poised for growth as consumers start purchasing the devices as primary PCs, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
A Hewlett-Packard netbook with Intel's upcoming Atom N455 processor is available for pre-order on a German Web site ahead of the chip's official launch.
Have you wanted multi-touch support on your notebook's touchpad, but were out of luck because you've been running Ubuntu? Synaptics announced today the extension of its Gesture Suite to several Linux operating systems, which means that you can now z...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW