Toshiba has spent the last 25 years refining the basic laptop design of flat screen, x86 processor, full-size keyboard and removable storage. Its Portege R700 will continue that tradition when it goes on sale next quarter, but two other new portable ...
At Intel's annual Research Day this month it will show technologies that read users gestures and respond to thoughts, and a cloud-computing ready "smart car" with accident-prevention smarts.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
PC maker Lenovo on Thursday announced its first 3D laptop, aimed at gamers and users who want to watch HD movies.
Toshiba is set to become the first PC maker to put a 3D-capable Blu-ray Disc laptop on sale, it said Monday.
Companies showed off over a dozen new rivals for the iPad at Computex this year, including a nifty 10-inch touchscreen tablet that docks into a speaker from Compal Electronics.
Hitachi LG Data Storage Korea is presenting a first-of-its-kind product at Computex this week, an Blu-ray Disc optical drive that combines a solid-state drive.
Laptops packed with Bluetooth 3.0 and WirelessHD are being shown at the Computex trade show in Taiwan and will be on the market this year, offering faster wireless data transfer speeds between PCs and TVs or mobile phones, for instance.
Asustek Computer will be the first computer maker to put Intel's AppUp Center application store on netbooks, the chip maker said Tuesday.
Taiwan's Micro-Star International showed for the first time on Monday a laptop computer with a keyboard that flips over to reveal a sensor pad for pen input. The Sketch Pad, which is still a prototype, was unveiled at the same time it launched a Wind...
Asustek Computer Thursday showed off its latest collection of laptops made using bamboo material as well as a family of laptops with Bang & Olufsen sound systems.
One Laptop Per Child won't use Microsoft's Windows OS on its upcoming XO-3 tablet, which will run Linux, OLPC's CTO said Thursday.
With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
Netbooks may have won over many users with their relatively low cost and small size, but Dell doesn't see the lightweight machines ever replacing laptops with more powerful processors inside.
Hewlett-Packard has extended a worldwide recall program for batteries that could cause laptops to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Toshiba considers spinning off its memory business
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCSoftware DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW