One Laptop Per Child won't use Microsoft's Windows OS on its upcoming XO-3 tablet, which will run Linux, OLPC's CTO said Thursday.
With the aim of bringing down the price of laptops, Intel on Monday launched a family of low-power processors for thin and light machines that could be more affordable than conventional laptops.
Netbooks may have won over many users with their relatively low cost and small size, but Dell doesn't see the lightweight machines ever replacing laptops with more powerful processors inside.
Hewlett-Packard has extended a worldwide recall program for batteries that could cause laptops to overheat and pose a fire hazard.
Acer shot down speculation that it plans to release a series of netbooks running Google's Chrome OS at the upcoming Computex exhibition in Taipei.
PC maker Dell is looking into Advanced Micro Devices' Fusion processors for use in future laptops and desktops as it tries to make PCs smaller and more power-efficient, a company executive said.
Advanced Micro Devices on Wednesday announced new mobile processors as it tries to bridge the power and performance gap with Intel, while trying to lower laptop prices.
Demand for netbooks is stabilizing and is poised for growth as consumers start purchasing the devices as primary PCs, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said on Tuesday.
Hewlett-Packard introduced seven laptops with Advanced Micro Devices' upcoming laptop chips on Wednesday, boosting efforts for the chip designer's efforts to catch up with rival Intel.
Intel's plan to improve its Atom processor line, including the launch of a dual-core version this quarter, could help sustain demand for mobile products including netbooks.
A Hewlett-Packard netbook with Intel's upcoming Atom N455 processor is available for pre-order on a German Web site ahead of the chip's official launch.
Have you wanted multi-touch support on your notebook's touchpad, but were out of luck because you've been running Ubuntu? Synaptics announced today the extension of its Gesture Suite to several Linux operating systems, which means that you can now z...
Solid-state drives (SSD) have been among the hottest hardware products for more than two years, with a good deal of uptake within the consumer PC, notebook and netbook markets in response to a precipitous drop in pricing in 2007 and 2008.
Advanced Micro Devices is trying to build momentum for its laptop chips in an attempt to improve its weak market position and gain ground on rival Intel, analysts said on Friday.
Bored with the fact that Lenovo ThinkPads come only in basic black? Not any more. The <a href="http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkpad/2010/Edge">ThinkPad Edge</a> is not only available in fire-engine red (as well as matte or glossy black), ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Java/J2EE/SQL) 160714/JP/707Asia
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC