Samsung Tuesday announced its new 1TB Spinpoint MT2 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
The MacBook Air, despite its ultra-thin, eye-grabbing design, has never been one of Apple's top draws.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
Improved silicon and firmware from Ozmo Devices will turn a Wi-Fi-equipped Windows 7 laptop into a local hotspot for peripherals such as a keyboard and mouse.
The days of having to use a different power supply unit (PSU) for every laptop could be drawing to a close with reports that the IEEE industry body is looking at the possibility of a universal standard.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract laptop computer maker, set record highs for shipments and revenue in the month of June, a sign demand for technology products hasn't stumbled despite fears of debt problems in some parts of Europe.
Nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child on Thursday said it is adding a multitouch screen to the upcoming XO-1.75 laptop and is modifying software to take advantage of the new hardware.
As PC makers expand their lines to include 3D laptops, analysts say these offerings are likely to interest mostly gamers, with broad adoption stymied by a dearth of content, hardware limitations and hefty prices.
Samsung announced a new netbook model today in the N230.
The ASUS NX90JQ laptop was launched yesterday at a soundstage in Sydney's Entertainment Quarter. It has been designed to appeal to users who want better sound quality from a notebook.
Apple says it has sold 3 million iPads in just 80 days, validating the tablet computer's popularity among consumers and business users.
The new Toshiba Libretto W100 looks like an impressive system that will appeal to companies with workers in the field and on the road. It's a handy little device (7.95 x 4.84 x 1.2 inches weighing in at 1.8 pounds) that could easily replace many orga...
Toshiba has spent the last 25 years refining the basic laptop design of flat screen, x86 processor, full-size keyboard and removable storage. Its Portege R700 will continue that tradition when it goes on sale next quarter, but two other new portable ...
At Intel's annual Research Day this month it will show technologies that read users gestures and respond to thoughts, and a cloud-computing ready "smart car" with accident-prevention smarts.
Acer on Friday announced new netbooks based on chips from Advanced Micro Devices, a win for the chip company's efforts to grab market share from rival Intel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update review: The future is increasingly uncertain
- Finsix Dart-C charger review: Tiny, powerful, and worth the expense
- Oracle plans ‘startup organization’ focused on cloud computing, AI and VR
- Hipchat resets user passwords after possible breach
- ONUG gets closer to making SD-WANs talk to each other
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Delivery Analyst - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AdminNSW
- FTMarket Data Analyst, Investment BankingNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- TPMaster Portfolio SchedulerVIC
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTSenior ERP Project ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC