Samsung yesterday launched its 2010 notebook range high above Sydney Harbour.
A German court on Thursday issued a restraining order at the behest of Smartbook AG to stop Lenovo from using the "smartbook" trademark to describe low-cost laptops in Germany.
Telstra has announced a partnership with Acer to sell notebooks with built-in mobile broadband to business customers. Available on monthly plans, the 3G-capable Acer notebooks feature a SIM card slot to access Telstra's Next G network. The
Acer launched two new laptops on Friday labeled by the environmental group, Greenpeace, as being virtually free of two toxic substances, polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and brominated flame retardants (BFR).
The policy of random laptop searches and seizures by U.S. government agents at border crossings is under attack again, with a pair of civil rights groups seeking potential plaintiffs for a lawsuit that challenges the practice.
Absolute Software has added a new feature to its Computrace Lojack anti-theft software that can remotely turn a stolen laptop into a useless, non-bootable 'brick'.
Mary Lou Jepsen and her team at start-up Pixel Qi have their display-screen technology in several products being shown at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) and plan to put a DIY (do it yourself) screen kit on the market early this yea...
Intel on Thursday officially released its next-generation chips, which should improve the system performance and battery life of laptops.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday said it has added USB 3.0 ports to its latest laptops that could boost data transfers between computers and devices such as storage drives and digital cameras.
Advanced Micro Devices is expected to show off its latest laptop processors on Thursday, including quad-core chips for laptops that are due in a few months.
Asustek Computer showed a bit of style on Tuesday, skinning a netbook with faux alligator hide and outfitting a new premium widescreen laptop with dual touchpads and big Bang & Olufsen speakers.
Lenovo is looking beyond long-term partner Intel and beginning to offer budget ThinkPad laptops based on Advanced Micro Devices' processors, the company said on Monday.
With its line of consumer PCs slated for rollout at the Consumer Electronics Show later this week, Lenovo has chosen to unveil its latest line-up of business computers on Monday. Ranging from the new ThinkPad Edge series for small and mid-sized busin...
Companies are starting to let employees use privately owned notebook computers for work purposes, according to a Gartner Inc. survey of 500 IT managers in the U.S., U.K. and Germany.
ORIGIN, a new custom PC manufacturer founded by ex-Alienware executives, has unveiled its first pair of gaming systems: the GENESIS PC desktop and EON18 laptop.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Illusive Networks seeks to slow Swift attackers through deception
- Microsoft continues pushing hybrid cloud with new launches
- These new features in Office 365 can help users work smarter
- Here's how Microsoft is using containerization to protect Edge users
- Trump hotel chain fined over data breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA