Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Microsoft has begun talking about Windows 8 in general terms, reprising a blog-based strategy that it used in the year-long run-up to Windows 7.
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Qatar National Bank claims customer data released by hackers is authentic
- Optus offers unlimited data for new home broadband bundles
- New Microsoft beta lets workers build their own apps without coding
- Intel is on the verge of exiting the smartphone and tablet markets after cutting Atom chips
- 5 (more) reasons to be a data scientist
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW