Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Microsoft has begun talking about Windows 8 in general terms, reprising a blog-based strategy that it used in the year-long run-up to Windows 7.
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
Apple's iPad hasn't materially affected consumer PC sales, as some have claimed, a research firm said today.
At the risk of offending Apple fans far and wide, I can't for the life of me see what there is to be excited about in Apple's new iPad.
By the time that Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrapped up today's launch of a revamped iPad, analysts were already calling it "incremental" and pointing out that it the new tablet delivers "no surprises."
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
Apple's Mac sales are up more than 20 per cent this quarter compared to the same quarter last year, and the company will get a further bump when it refreshes its MacBook line, an analyst said today. That refresh could come this week.
A majority of WiMax operators plan to offer mobile services by 2012, but a lack of smartphones that support the wireless technology will make it a challenge, according to a survey by Infonetics Research.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer bragged up Windows 7 success last night in his keynote speech at CES.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE) 160721/AP/075Asia
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (HTML/PC LAN/XML) 160711/ITA/692Asia
- CCProject Manager, Credit CardsNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT