Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
During the first 10 months of this year, 1.2 million tablet computers were sold in the US and none of them were iPads.
Microsoft has begun talking about Windows 8 in general terms, reprising a blog-based strategy that it used in the year-long run-up to Windows 7.
The cloud, it seems, might be a little bit like Palmolive’s tagline from its old TV commercials--people just don't know they’re soaking in it.
Apple's iPad hasn't materially affected consumer PC sales, as some have claimed, a research firm said today.
At the risk of offending Apple fans far and wide, I can't for the life of me see what there is to be excited about in Apple's new iPad.
By the time that Apple CEO Steve Jobs wrapped up today's launch of a revamped iPad, analysts were already calling it "incremental" and pointing out that it the new tablet delivers "no surprises."
Apple should get a jump on the tablet competition Wednesday by dropping the price of the iPad and expanding its distribution, an analyst said today.
Apple's Mac sales are up more than 20 per cent this quarter compared to the same quarter last year, and the company will get a further bump when it refreshes its MacBook line, an analyst said today. That refresh could come this week.
A majority of WiMax operators plan to offer mobile services by 2012, but a lack of smartphones that support the wireless technology will make it a challenge, according to a survey by Infonetics Research.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer bragged up Windows 7 success last night in his keynote speech at CES.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Web Services goes gunning for gamers with free FPS framework
- US government wants to sharply increase spending on cybersecurity
- Facebook faces restrictions in France on data transfer to US, tracking of users
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW