A widely used security feature intended to protect access to online bank accounts is becoming increasingly ineffective, as cybercriminals develop advanced malicious software for Android devices, according to a report released Wednesday.
Security research firm NSS Labs has released an open source scanning tool that is capable of detecting all malicious drivers used by the new Duqu threat, according to its engineers. However, other security vendors believe that the malware's creators ...
NSS Labs is sweetening the pot for its ExploitHub marketplace by offering rewards to security gurus who can write working exploits for a dozen "high-value" vulnerabilities.
The night before the start of this week's Black Hat hacker conference here in Las Vegas, security researcher Dillon Beresford gave a demonstration to a small audience in his room at Caesar's Palace. The topic: how a hacker could take over the Siemens...
The in-house reputation system used in Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is markedly superior at blocking social-engineering attacks than the Google equivalent used by Chrome, Firefox, Apple's Safari, an independent test by NSS Labs has found.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCInfrastructure and Cloud Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT