A widely used security feature intended to protect access to online bank accounts is becoming increasingly ineffective, as cybercriminals develop advanced malicious software for Android devices, according to a report released Wednesday.
Security research firm NSS Labs has released an open source scanning tool that is capable of detecting all malicious drivers used by the new Duqu threat, according to its engineers. However, other security vendors believe that the malware's creators ...
NSS Labs is sweetening the pot for its ExploitHub marketplace by offering rewards to security gurus who can write working exploits for a dozen "high-value" vulnerabilities.
The night before the start of this week's Black Hat hacker conference here in Las Vegas, security researcher Dillon Beresford gave a demonstration to a small audience in his room at Caesar's Palace. The topic: how a hacker could take over the Siemens...
The in-house reputation system used in Internet Explorer 8 and 9 is markedly superior at blocking social-engineering attacks than the Google equivalent used by Chrome, Firefox, Apple's Safari, an independent test by NSS Labs has found.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ( Finance/Banking)QLD
- FTSenior Insight AnalystACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Test Analyst (HL7)VIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity ConsultantWA
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCSiebel DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Engineer (Microwave)SA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerNSW