Japan's NTT Group is buying a majority stake in Germany's biggest provider of datacentre services, the latest sign of convergence in a competitive European market.
NTT Communications is giving the power of choice to network administrators, releasing an upgrade for its Enterprise Cloud platform that will allow for on-the-fly changes to bandwidth capacity and VPN connections.
Using souped-up fiber, the Technical University of Denmark has set a new record for transmitting data over one channel: 43 terabits per second.
Instantly turning on carrier services, one of the big promises of software-based networks, is now a reality, according to NTT Communications.
If you don't mind being represented by a feline avatar, NTT Communications has a quirky video chatroom just for you.
Japanese NTT Communications has acquired Virtela Technology Services and a majority stake in RagingWire Data Centers as part of its worldwide data center and cloud push.
NTT Communications, the IT arm of Japan's main telecommunications operator, is aggressively expanding its data center operations outside the country as part of a push to offer its cloud-hosting services worldwide.
Systems integrator Dimension Data plans to enhance its cloud computing offerings by acquiring OpSource, a Santa Clara, California, provider of hosted cloud services.
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
Damage to submarine telecommunications cables from the earthquake in Japan Friday is worse than first believed, with two segments of a trans-Pacific network out of service and at least two other cables damaged.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI, DataNSW
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- TPSharepoint 2013 AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- TPTechnical Specialist, Identity and Acess ManagementVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- TPProject Manager - Documentation RebrandQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW