Throughout Japan, an army of workers stands ready to ensure important messages are delivered as quickly as possible. But they don't work in data centers maintaining email servers. They deliver telegrams.
Instead of burying them in phones, Japanese mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo wants people to start wearing their SIM cards.
NTT DoCoMo wants to unload its investment in India's seventh-largest cellular carrier, Tata Teleservices (TTSL), in a retreat from India's challenging market.
Japan's dominant mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is pushing into wearable technology with new smart clothing and a wrist band that can monitor wearers' health while sending data to smartphones and the cloud.
NTT DoCoMo has put on hold its plans to launch a smartphone with the new open-source Tizen mobile operating system, a spokesman said Friday.
The GSM Association, operators and vendors have published a specification that enables remote provisioning of embedded SIM identification modules, which should cut the cost of connecting cars and utility meters to the Internet.
Last month's awarding of the 2020 Olympic Games to Tokyo could be great news for technology.
Head-mounted computers like Google Glass are a useful way to view content and interact with the world on the move, but one drawback is the lack of a physical interface on which the user can click, drag or navigate content.
Japan's largest mobile carrier, NTT DoCoMo is to offer new iPhone models announced by Apple on Tuesday, after resisting offering Apple's smartphones for many years.
Japan's most famous mountain now has 4G coverage.
Sales of Sony's Xperia A smartphone have doubled those of the Samsung Galaxy S4 at Japan's main carrier, after a nationwide sales campaign that exclusively promoted the two handsets side-by-side.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile carrier, will use location data from its 61.5 million subscriber devices to build a platform that monitors traffic conditions across the country.
It's not the potential customers in emerging markets that need a low-cost iPhone so much as the carriers who are refusing to sell the iPhone as they cannot meet Apple's demands and cannot subsidize it sufficiently to be able to sell it in those marke...
The overall profitability of the smartphone market hit its apex in 2012, according to a prominent equity analyst.
NTT DoCoMo, Japan's largest mobile operator, is building a fleet of truck-based LTE base stations that can be deployed during natural disasters or to support large crowds.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCIT Change Coordinator / AnalystNSW
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsNSW