NTT has successfully tested technology for optical Internet backbone connections that can transmit 400Gbps on a single wavelength.
Telecom carrier NTT and navigation service developer Navitime Japan are trying to make free Wi-Fi in Japan easier to find with an app featuring augmented reality (AR) guidance.
NTT and NEC have launched a compression unit for 4K/60p high-resolution video that can compress video in real time using the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) format.
Japan's dominant mobile carrier NTT DoCoMo is pushing into wearable technology with new smart clothing and a wrist band that can monitor wearers' health while sending data to smartphones and the cloud.
A major Japanese telecommunications provider will stream 4k video over the Internet to set-top boxes this week, in what it is calling the world's first public test of the technology.
Three of Japan's tech giants will work together to increase data transmission speeds over optical fiber, aiming for 400Gbps per channel by 2014.
Japanese mobile operator NTT is finally moving to invest in Africa's lucrative telecom market, completing the buyout of South Africa's Dimension Data.
Australia and Japan appear to have signed a bilateral agreement relating to broadband, with NBN chief executive, Mike Quigley, and other government officials having met with Japanese Communications Minister, Kazuhiro Haraguchi, this week, according t...
The acquisition of Dimension Data by Nippon Telegraph & Telephone Corp. marks the first time a Japanese mobile operator has managed to get a slice of the growing African telecom and IT market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - HFCVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT