Nvidia is developing new CPU cores based on the Arm architecture for PCs and servers that will be able to run Microsoft's upcoming Windows OS, the company said on Wednesday.
Motorola finally unveiled its highly anticipated tablet, the Xoom, with a 10.1-inch touchscreen with the latest version of Google's Android mobile software on board, formerly called Honeycomb.
Coinciding with the launch of Intel's new 2nd Generation Core processors, AMD's Fusion processors, and the 2011 CES, Acer is unveiling a string of new laptops aimed at enthusiasts and gamers. The Aspire 5750, 5750G, and 7750G are available with Intel...
Dual-core processors will help power next-generation smartphones
Federal prosecutors allege a California woman committted securities fraud by passing information to hedge funds
Nvidia is looking to pack more CPU cores into mobile devices like smartphones and tablets as a way to improve performance while preserving battery life.
Nvidia is looking to expand its CUDA parallel-processing architecture to mobile devices in the next few years, the company's CEO said Wednesday.
When it comes to power-efficient computing, CPUs are weighed down by too many legacy features to outperform GPUs (graphics processing units) in executing common tasks in parallel, said the chief scientist for the GPU vendor Nvidia.
Micro Express's NBL5100 is a remarkably solid brick of a machine for $1199 (as of November 15, 2010). A matte-black block, this desktop replacement laptop makes a clear statement: You do not care about looks. And that isn't even the "I don't care abo...
Nvidia on Tuesday announced its next-generation graphics processing unit, the GeForce GTX 580, which the company said is its fastest-performing GPU to date.
China is unveiling a new supercomputer on Thursday that incorporates thousands of graphics chips and can reach a sustained performance of 2.5 petaflops, making it one of the fastest systems in the world.
One of the best parts of our job is looking at hundreds of products every year. Many perform well, some are silly, and a select group rises above the pack. Here are the hardware, software, services, sites, and apps that we decided - after much discus...
It looks like nVidia is getting into the retail game, and is planning to manufacture and sell graphics cards under its own name, according to <a href="http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/10/05/nvidia_enters_retail_direct_sales_at_best_buy">HardOCP</a...
Once upon a time, in the distant past, there was VGA. VGA begat "Windows Accelerators" -- graphics chips that were slightly enhanced beyond dumb frame buffers in order to accelerate Windows-specific functions to paint small "w" windows on the screen ...
On Tuesday, Nvidia announced it was going to support x86 processors as a target for CUDA applications. This means that apps that are currently written to support Nvidia's GPU line for compute applications will be able to run on standard x86 CPUs--no ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Flaws in Trane thermostats underscore IoT security risks, Cisco says
- Telstra restores mobile network after mass outage
- Microsoft's Azure Stack beta gets new services and DevOps tools
- Prysm combines displays with SaaS to extend the reach of enterprise collaboration
- Forget Trump and Clinton: IBM's Watson is running for president
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Deliver & Improvement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW