Improvements to Nvidia's virtualization technology are aimed at turning graphics processors into a more important resource in data centers and could speed deployment of virtual desktops and delivery of data over the cloud.
Nvidia's Project Shield handheld gaming device, now called simply Shield, will be available for pre-order on May 20 priced at US$349, though it won't ship to customers until the end of June.
The first mobile devices to use Nvidia's Tegra 4 chips will be announced this quarter, meaning smartphones and tablets based on the new processor should be available soon.
Nvidia will stay on board with making Tegra ARM-based processors for Windows RT tablets despite sluggish early sales of the devices, making the same commitment that Qualcomm has made, an Nvidia executive said
A former portfolio manager at the now defunct Diamondback Capital Management has been sentenced to 54 months in prison for crimes related to a multimillion dollar insider trading scheme involving computer maker Dell and hardware maker Nvidia.
The second-generation Nexus 7 tablet, powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor, will be launched around July, according to two unnamed sources in a Reuters report.
The Swiss National Supercomputing Center (CSCS) is going to upgrade its supercomputer with Nvidia GPUs to more accurately predict the weather in the steep mountains of the Swiss Alps.
With its new Grid VGX software, Nvidia is aiming to tear down the performance barrier that keeps graphics-intensive applications from running on virtual desktops.
Add Nvidia CEO Jen Hsun Huang to the list of people disappointed with the debut of Windows RT.
Nvidia wants graphics processors to create avatars with realistic human faces, and power visual searches in which images can be identified to produce matching search results.
Nvidia hopes to make its ambitious break into the portable handheld gaming market in the next few months, the company's CEO said Tuesday.
Nvidia wants to bump up graphics and application performance on tablets and smartphones with the two new Tegra mobile processors.
Handset maker ZTE said it will be the first vendor to launch smartphones using Nvidia's Tegra 4 processor, with new models slated to arrive in China before mid-year.
Nvidia on Tuesday announced the GeForce GTX Titan, a GPU designed to handle the most demanding games by harnessing the processing power of 2,668 graphics cores.
Nvidia hopes to power sub-$200 smartphones and tablets under $300 with its latest Tegra 4i processor, which is also the company's first chip with an integrated LTE modem.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 Kogan Agora 4G review
- 4 Motorola Moto E review
- 5 OnePlus One: An Australian review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Inexpensive Windows PCs hitting the market with help from Microsoft
- Study disputes predictions of coming spectrum crunch
- IBM turns to local rival for help as China gets tougher for foreign firms
- Security spending gets boost from mobile, social and cloud, says Gartner
- Sony's perfume bottle camera is aimed at selfie addicts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW