Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Nvidia has announced a top-to-bottom refresh of its mobile graphics processor line, promising chips that deliver more horsepower while consuming less electrical power. The company also announced a number of new design wins with big-name gaming laptop...
Nvidia's struggling Tegra chip business could get a jolt from new smartphones using its latest chip, the Tegra 4i, which signals the chip maker's entry into a new market of processors with integrated LTE radios.
Nvidia will soon ship a new model of the Tegra Note 7 tablet with LTE wireless connectivity and Android 4.4.2 OS code-named KitKat, with the device priced at US$299.
Nvidia isn't interested in the mainstream smartphone market and will focus its Tegra efforts on tablets and high-end "superphones", according to the company's CEO.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
Graphics chipmaker Nvidia took a customer service website offline Wednesday following a public report of a vulnerability in its SAP-powered backend.
Google has teamed up with several auto manufacturers on Monday with the goal of bringing Android to cars by the end of this year.
Nvidia has shown off its new Tegra K1 graphics processor, which packs 192 GPU cores onto a single chip and promises to bring console-class graphics to smartphones and tablets.
An elaborate crop circle that appeared last week in a grain field in California was a stunt by chip-maker Nvidia.
Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Nvidia's Mental Ray high-performance 3D rendering software has a vulnerability that could be exploited to compromise clusters of specialized computers called render farms, according to researchers from ReVuln.
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Indian minister holds out hope for Apple stores
- Move over Skylake: An Asus PC with Intel's Kaby Lake chip is coming in Q3
- Nvidia chief downplays challenge from Google’s AI chip
- Flaw in popular WordPress plug-in Jetpack puts over a million websites at risk
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- CC12 months + 2x12 months | $80/hr | NV1 Project Manager | Large govt departmentACT
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCOracle Applications Team LeadNSW
- CCDeployment Engineer / IT AuditorQLD
- FTSenior Technical Lead - Java and .NetNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst or Information AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTSenior Mobile DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCProject managerACT