One federal regulator sees a potentially bright future in driverless cars like those made by Google -- if their technology actually succeeds in making roads safer.
Automakers from Tesla to Volkswagen have used Nvidia's graphics chips to power infotainment systems and displays in their cars. Now the tech firm sees an opportunity to expand into another field -- driver-assist technologies and even self-driving car...
Nvidia's upcoming 64-bit Tegra K1 chip could wind up in microservers, which would lead the company into competition with ARM processor makers in that space.
Nvidia is bringing supercomputer-class performance to its US$192 Jetson TK1 computer, which is targeted at embedded devices but could be used as a Linux-based gaming PC.
This week on World Tech Update, our weekly news video review, we take a closer look at Microsoft's long-awaited Office for iPad.
Nvidia on Tuesday announced a new mobile and graphics processor road map, ripping up chip plans it announced one year ago.
Nvidia believes its advances in graphics hardware could pave the way for brain-like computing, which could lead to the creation of intelligent computers that can learn and make smarter decisions.
Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Nvidia has announced a top-to-bottom refresh of its mobile graphics processor line, promising chips that deliver more horsepower while consuming less electrical power. The company also announced a number of new design wins with big-name gaming laptop...
Nvidia's struggling Tegra chip business could get a jolt from new smartphones using its latest chip, the Tegra 4i, which signals the chip maker's entry into a new market of processors with integrated LTE radios.
Nvidia will soon ship a new model of the Tegra Note 7 tablet with LTE wireless connectivity and Android 4.4.2 OS code-named KitKat, with the device priced at US$299.
Nvidia isn't interested in the mainstream smartphone market and will focus its Tegra efforts on tablets and high-end "superphones", according to the company's CEO.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
Graphics chipmaker Nvidia took a customer service website offline Wednesday following a public report of a vulnerability in its SAP-powered backend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW