NVidia is taking video games into the cloud with a new rack server optimized for computer graphics.
Is HTC going to turn its recent run of strong releases into meaningful, long-term pressure on Android market leader Samsung? It's certainly starting to look that way, thanks to a new burst of rumors about the Taiwanese company's possible M7 flagship ...
Nvidia and Advanced Micro Devices on Monday announced high-performance graphics chips for supercomputers.
As the U.S. launched what's expected to be the world's fastest supercomputer at 20 petaflops, China is building a machine that is intended to be five times faster when it is deployed in 2015.
Nvidia plans to integrate CPU cores alongside graphics cores in Tesla high-performance chips, which is a change from current Tesla chips that have only graphics processors.
The U.S. Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory on Monday completed the deployment of a 20-petaflop supercomputer called Titan, which the lab hopes will give the U.S. an edge over China and Japan in the race to build the world's fastest...
Graphics processor maker Nvidia expects gaming systems will reach a performance of "tens of teraflops" by the end of the decade, and be capable of displaying real-time visuals as good as the pre-rendered cut scenes found in games today, according to ...
With an eye to bringing power efficiency to high-performance systems, a prototype supercomputer with quad-core ARM processors is being built at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center in Spain.
With Nvidia and Cisco reporting results, there was some good news on the chip and networking front this week that, with the help of a successful debt offering by Italy that eased economic concerns, helped fuel a rise in IT vendors' shares Friday morn...
Tablets and smartphones will soon get quad-core processors with Nvidia's new Tegra 3 chip, which will eclipse the application and graphics performance provided by dual-core processors found on tablets like Apple's iPad and Motorola's Xoom.
Looking beyond graphics processors, Nvidia is looking to push future Tegra chips into servers as the chip maker tries to break Intel's dominance in that market.
This week has seen lots of talk about Microsoft Windows 8 coming to hardware running on ARM processors. Now, the first prototypes, from Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments, are on display here at the BUILD Expo. But questions remain.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 OS running on ARM prototype tablets and other devices will be open for developer scrutiny at the software giant's Build conference this week.
Hardware and components insiders are giving off mixed signals about how business will fare for the rest of the year.
Nvidia concluded that it would exit the chipset business as Intel made it impossible for the company to operate in the market, the company's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said this week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
- Wormable flaws in Symantec products expose millions of computers to hacking
- Oracle pledges 'x86 economics' with new Sparc servers
- Microsoft's big Windows 10 update launches on August 2
- Review: Wireless charging and waterproof cases for iPhone plus Ollclip (Movie) Studio case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSpatial DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProject ControllerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA