With an eye to bringing power efficiency to high-performance systems, a prototype supercomputer with quad-core ARM processors is being built at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center in Spain.
With Nvidia and Cisco reporting results, there was some good news on the chip and networking front this week that, with the help of a successful debt offering by Italy that eased economic concerns, helped fuel a rise in IT vendors' shares Friday morn...
Tablets and smartphones will soon get quad-core processors with Nvidia's new Tegra 3 chip, which will eclipse the application and graphics performance provided by dual-core processors found on tablets like Apple's iPad and Motorola's Xoom.
Looking beyond graphics processors, Nvidia is looking to push future Tegra chips into servers as the chip maker tries to break Intel's dominance in that market.
This week has seen lots of talk about Microsoft Windows 8 coming to hardware running on ARM processors. Now, the first prototypes, from Nvidia, Qualcomm, and Texas Instruments, are on display here at the BUILD Expo. But questions remain.
Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 OS running on ARM prototype tablets and other devices will be open for developer scrutiny at the software giant's Build conference this week.
Hardware and components insiders are giving off mixed signals about how business will fare for the rest of the year.
Nvidia concluded that it would exit the chipset business as Intel made it impossible for the company to operate in the market, the company's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said this week.
Nvidia CEO Jen-Hsun Huang has raised an interesting possibility about Windows 8, speculating that it will be able to run Windows Phone 7 apps.
U.S. stock markets edged up for the day Friday afternoon, but fears of an economic slowdown and concerns about the debt crisis in Europe caused technology stocks to seesaw wildly along with shares of companies in other sectors this week.
Nvidia on Wednesday appointed a new chief technology officer for its Tesla business unit to provide a spark to its fast-growing high-performance computing (HPC) business.
Sprint's renewed partnership with Motorola, announced today, will result in more than 10 smartphones and tablets for sale in 2011, including Motorola's first WiMax phone for Sprint, the Photon 4G.
Tablets with low power dual-core chips have just started reaching the market, but some chip makers expect the devices to be further supercharged later this year with quad-core chips which were in the spotlight at the Computex trade show in Taipei.
In order to keep a tight leash on future Windows tablets, Microsoft is reportedly asking each chip maker to work with a single computer maker.
Nvidia has shown a prototype tablet computer running a four-core version of its Tegra processor and said products based on the new chip will go on sale starting in September.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Need more analytics speed? Cray wants to light a fire under your big data
- Tips and apps to improve your sales
- Why technology is so scary for three-quarters of Aussie businesses
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Facebook denies bias in Trending Topics, but promises changes nevertheless
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHastus AdministratorVIC
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCProject Specialist Continuity AutomationVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCPMO SupportQLD
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCCommunications OfficeACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer, Renewable ContractAsia
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- CCSenior IT Tester / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL*PLUS) 160519/AP/432Asia
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD