The last couple of months haven seen the launch of a clutch of new smartphones -- and also new chipsets that aim to make the next generation of smartphones more powerful and simpler to recharge.
Chip makers NXP Semiconductors Freescale Semiconductor are to merge, creating a US$40 billion company that, they say, leads the market in automotive chips and general-purpose microcontrollers.
To help it improve the battery life of next-generation smartwatches and fitness bands, NXP Semiconductors has acquired part of U.S. chip maker Quintic.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Cisco Systems and NXP Semiconductors have both invested in connected car equipment vendor Cohda Wireless, as they look to make the Internet of things a reality and take a piece of a quickly growing market.
Chinese phone maker ZTE plans to include NFC (Near-Field Communications) chips in its smartphones and feature phones, it said on Wednesday at Mobile World Congress.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Java and Python FTP attacks can punch holes through firewalls
- Intel's Atom is underwhelming no more: New chip packs 16 cores
- Don’t wait for 5G: LTE could be your key to IoT
- LTE speeds outpace home internet with new Qualcomm and Intel modems
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)ACT
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- TPSAP Helpdesk SupportACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- CCTest ManagerWA
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW