The last couple of months haven seen the launch of a clutch of new smartphones -- and also new chipsets that aim to make the next generation of smartphones more powerful and simpler to recharge.
Chip makers NXP Semiconductors Freescale Semiconductor are to merge, creating a US$40 billion company that, they say, leads the market in automotive chips and general-purpose microcontrollers.
To help it improve the battery life of next-generation smartwatches and fitness bands, NXP Semiconductors has acquired part of U.S. chip maker Quintic.
The European Commission announced on Monday that it has launched an investigation into a group of chip suppliers who are suspected breaking the European Union's antitrust laws by operating a cartel.
NXP Semiconductors is planning to cut 700 to 900 jobs as part of a reorganization to reduce costs of support services, the company said on Monday.
Cisco Systems and NXP Semiconductors have both invested in connected car equipment vendor Cohda Wireless, as they look to make the Internet of things a reality and take a piece of a quickly growing market.
Chinese phone maker ZTE plans to include NFC (Near-Field Communications) chips in its smartphones and feature phones, it said on Wednesday at Mobile World Congress.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Oracle is paying $532 million to snatch up another cloud service provider
- Google buys Synergyse to teach customers how to use Apps
- Samsung and Nvidia make peace by ending their patent lawsuits
- EMC World kicks off with cloud backup and cheaper flash arrays
- Solar airplane begins journey across the continental US
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager - Six SigmaVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA