Researchers have taken a step forward in developing batteries that can store 10 times more energy than existing lithium-ion batteries.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
The U.S. Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory on Monday completed the deployment of a 20-petaflop supercomputer called Titan, which the lab hopes will give the U.S. an edge over China and Japan in the race to build the world's fastest...
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and EMC's RSA security division is a stark reminder of the serious threat posed by a type of attack that was previously dismissed as low-tech.
The successful use of phishing emails to breach secure organizations like Oak Ridge National Laboratory and RSA are stark reminders of the serious threat posed by what some experts have dismissed as as a low-tech method of attack.
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory, home to one of the world's most powerful supercomputers, has been forced to shut down its email systems and all Internet access for employees since late last Friday, following a sophisticated cyberattack.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
- Microsoft will cut 2,850 more jobs by the end of the year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Change/Transformation/Project DeliveryNSW
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (NON-IT)WA
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia