Fabless semi-conductor maker LSI Corp. today announced it will acquire SandForce, the leading maker of flash memory controllers for enterprise-class and consumer flash cards and SSDs. The buyout catapults LSI into the leadership position in SATA SSD ...
Objective-C, used for developing Apple iOS applications, climbs to No. 6 in the monthly Tiobe Programming Community index for most popular programming languages, after being ranked at number 8 a year ago. Also posting gains, C# rose to No. 4, a jump ...
Texas Memory Systems (TMS), best known for its pricey, yet extremely high-performance NAND flash-based storage arrays, has introduced a new system that it said competes with Tier 1 hard drives on a price-per-gigabyte basis.
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Because Japan produces more than 40% of the world's NAND flash memory chips -- and 15% of its DRAM -- the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that hit today could seriously affect worldwide semiconductor supplies, according to research firms.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Mac malware is found targeting biomedical research
- Slack finally launches threaded replies
- New $29 Pine64 computer takes on Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3
- Microsoft halts Minecraft updates for Windows 10 phones, as W10M consumer apps slowly die
- AMD talks tough as it drums up support for 32-core Zen server chip
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- FTChief Information Security OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCFIS Connex DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCTester (6 month contract) FinanceNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTMedia Architect/LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW