Fabless semi-conductor maker LSI Corp. today announced it will acquire SandForce, the leading maker of flash memory controllers for enterprise-class and consumer flash cards and SSDs. The buyout catapults LSI into the leadership position in SATA SSD ...
Objective-C, used for developing Apple iOS applications, climbs to No. 6 in the monthly Tiobe Programming Community index for most popular programming languages, after being ranked at number 8 a year ago. Also posting gains, C# rose to No. 4, a jump ...
Texas Memory Systems (TMS), best known for its pricey, yet extremely high-performance NAND flash-based storage arrays, has introduced a new system that it said competes with Tier 1 hard drives on a price-per-gigabyte basis.
Microsoft is positioning its Windows Azure cloud service as a platform to provide back-end services for mobile devices, including Apple's iOS and Google's Android.
Because Japan produces more than 40% of the world's NAND flash memory chips -- and 15% of its DRAM -- the 8.9-magnitude earthquake that hit today could seriously affect worldwide semiconductor supplies, according to research firms.
Mobile application development tools vendor Rhomobile plans to unveil on Wednesday an extension to its software-as-a-service platform that will enable developers to build applications for Apple's iPhone via a Windows PC.
The NSW Attorney-General's Department has deployed a new Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) to cut costs from disparate IT systems and better manage its corporate data.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China tightens control over app stores
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Critical flaw lets hackers take control of Samsung SmartCam cameras
- Facebook launches fake news reporting tool in Germany
- Shopping goes high tech and hassle-free with new Intel technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- TPSAP Implementation Manager - Finance System ProjectQLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCService Desk SMENSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJunior IT AdministratorNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPNetwork Security OfficerVIC
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD