Thinking about purchasing Microsoft Office, but you want to wait until Office 2010 comes out of beta? Don't bother; just pick up a copy of Office 2007 between now and September 30, and you'll be eligible to get a free upgrade to Office 2010, thanks t...
Microsoft will officially launch Office 2010 to businesses at an event slated for May 12.
Microsoft's attempts to ensure better application compatibility for Windows 7 than its immediate predecessor, Windows Vista, had at launch appear to have borne fruit.
Microsoft posted the Office 2010 Beta to its developer and IT subscription sites today, another clue that it will soon offer the preview to the general public.
Office 2010's public beta has leaked to the Web, days ahead of its anticipated roll-out next week, searches of file-sharing sites showed today.
Microsoft announced today that it will abandon its decades-old Works entry-level suite, and will instead offer a stripped-down, advertising-supported version of Office 2010 on new PCs next year.
Microsoft today launched a limited beta test of its Office Web Apps, the company's first public unveiling of its rival for Google's Web applications.
A US federal appeals court today granted Microsoft's request to suspend an injunction that would have barred the company from selling its Word software next month.
Microsoft is using its newly formed alliance with Nokia not to bolster its mobile efforts but to help fuel expansion of its cloud, collaboration, real-time communications and management strategies.
Pirated copies labeled as the Technical Preview of Microsoft's Office 2010 have leaked to the Internet, according to searches on popular file-sharing sites.
Microsoft yesterday said it would begin shipping early copies of Office 2010 to invite-only users in July, and has begun taking names for possible invitations to the preview.
Corporations armed with a savvy knowledge of Microsoft's volume licensing program may be in the best position in a long time to negotiate the cost of software, according to one analyst.
Microsoft Thursday promised that it would provide at least one public beta to Office 2010, saying that its assertion to the contrary Wednesday was "the wrong impression."<br/>
Habits, once ingrained, are hard to break. Just ask any smoker -- or the 250 million people that have bought Microsoft Office.
Microsoft released a beta of Exchange Server 2010 on Wednesday, the first product that enterprise customers will see from the next version of Office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer(Crystal Report/Oracle)160127/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW