Have you heard the saying "The best thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from?" It popped into my mind when I learned of the new nVoy brand and certification program for products based on the IEEE 1905.1 standard.
Microsoft announced that Outlook 2013 RT will be coming to Windows RT, along with the Windows 8.1 update. Sales of Windows RT tablets like the Surface RT have been underwhelming thus far, but Outlook will change that.
Haswell -- Intel's fourth generation of the incredibly successful Core CPU -- is here. As vendors begin rolling out hardware to keep up with one another in the renewed specs and performance race, that age-old game that inevitably follows is about to ...
They're good enough for government work: The US Department of Defense has cleared use of devices running the BlackBerry 10 operating system and Samsung's secure version of Android called Knox.
Hard on the heels of the news that the Linux kernel itself has now added Chromebook support, other reports this week suggest that the ongoing popularity of devices that use Google's Linux-based Chrome OS operating system will likely continue unabated...
The Galaxy Note 8.0 is Samsung's stylus-equipped answer to the iPad Mini, but it'll be a tough sell when it launches April 11 for US$399.
Windows RT, Microsoft's first tablet-focused operating system, is not proving to be a hit in Europe. Actually, demand on the old continent is so weak that Samsung will reportedly stop sales of its Windows RT tablet in Germany.
Don't be fooled by the advertised 32GB of storage in Microsoft's Surface with Windows RT tablet. The actual amount of available storage in the $500 model is closer to 16GB.
Linux-based plug computers such as the Sheevaplug have been drawing fresh attention for some time already, but on Monday MimoMonitors launched the new MimoPlug, a tiny, cube-shaped contender that's designed as a desktop PC alternative for cloud compu...
Hardware maker Hercules this week gave Linux fans a nice boost by unveiling two new additions to its eCAFÉ netbook line that use ARM processors and run the open source operating system.
Good citizens of the technological world , this story is not for you.
This week both Apple and HP made new computing platforms available. Both the MacBook Air and the HP Slate had been the subject of months of rumors and speculation, and now they're both here. A business professional in the market for a portable comput...
For now, the Apple iPad still stands alone in the tablet arena, but the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is impending, and many are anxiously awaiting the Android tablet. Unfortunately, for all its formidable features and functions, the Galaxy Tab mi...
Steve Ballmer is known for making big promises -- some bigger than the reality Microsoft can actually deliver. With the 2010 holiday shopping season rapidly approaching, Ballmer insists that we will see Windows tablets by Christmas. If Ballmer really...
LG is once again shifting its tablet strategy -- announcing that it is pulling the plug on its Android 2.2 tablet plans to hold out for Android 3.0. Unlike current releases of the Android OS, the upcoming Android 3.0 is designed with tablets in mind....
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalised domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior Capacity Planner | Contract through till DecemberVIC
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTRecruitment ConsultantSA
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTFull Stack Software DeveloperQLD
- CCVMware AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Manager, Asset Vision- SaaS, PaaS- Gov backgroundNSW
- FTDeveloper / Junior Solution DesignerQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSecurity Manager (Adviser)ACT
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSOE Business AnalystACT
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- TPProject/Deployment ManagerQLD