As expected, RIM unveiled it's upcoming tablet device at the BlackBerry Developer Conference taking place this week in San Francisco. The tablet -- dubbed the PlayBook as opposed to the rumored 'BlackPad' -- won't be available until early 2011, but h...
When I'm on the road, there are few tools in my arsenal that I value more than video chat. But as much as I love it for boosting communication with colleagues during the day and saying goodnight to my kids at bedtime, managing the current mess of dis...
Sharp plans an aggressive foray into the tablet market this December--well, sort of.
Reports are circulating that RIM will officially unveil its tablet device at the 2010 BlackBerry Developer Conference in San Francisco next week. The RIM tablet would be entering a market currently dominated by the iPad and about to get much more cro...
Dell showed off a prototype of a 7-inch Android tablet this week at the Oracle Open World conference in San Francisco. While being more tablet-sized than Dell's initial anemic attempt at joining the tablet fray, this new venture still faces some chal...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first tablet to come along that offers a serious alternative, or poses any notable challenge to the Apple iPad. As formidable as the Samsung tablet seems, though, there are still a number of reasons to forego the Android...
Amazon is responsible for the mainstream acceptance of the e-reader thanks to the Kindle, and it has a virtually insurmountable dominance of the market. Yet, Amazon seems to have some sort of Napoleon complex about the Apple iPad, as evidenced by its...
Intel's upcoming Sandy Bridge microprocessor design is generating a lot of buzz, primarily because it'll integrate the chipmaker's high-end graphics technology with its CPUs.
There are whispers that Apple could be breaking with tradition and expediting the new iPad for a holiday launch to head off competition from rival tablets.
ARM announced its next-generation processor, the Cortex A15. Just days after Samsung revealed plans for a dual-core Cortex A9, the 2.5Ghz quad-core A15 steals the thunder and ups the ante for mobile computing power.
Just when it appears Android 2.2 is ready to leap from smartphones to tablets, Google steps up and casts aspersions on its mobile operating system - at least for now.
Analysts predict that Apple alone could sell 28 million iPad tablets in 2011. That doesn't even take the Samsung Galaxy Tab, or the rest of the upcoming tablets expected in the next few months into consideration, and doesn't bode well for other mobil...
Samsung announced that it is entering the arena for dual-core mobile processors. Joining rival platforms like the Qualcomm Snapdragon and the Tegra 2, Samsung will soon have a dual-core A9 processor--codenamed "Orion"--available for smartphones and t...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab--officially unveiled at the IFA show in Berlin this week--looks like the first tablet worthy of challenging the Apple iPad. However, there are still some obstacles and unknowns that could get in the way of the success of Samsun...
The Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first tablet to come along that appears to be capable of challenging the Apple iPad. On paper, and in initial hands-on reviews, the Galaxy Tab is impressive, but the burden of carrier contracts may seal the unfortunate f...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTHead of User ResearchNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCTest EngineerQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCData ScientistNSW
- FTDesktop Support Team LeaderQLD
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTProject Manager / Senior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT