Microsoft brought its Sway presentation tool out of beta Wednesday, making it generally available for anyone who wants to create Web-based presentations that automatically reshape themselves to fit different devices.
LibreOffice, the popular open source office suite, received a major update Wednesday with the release of version 5.0, which adds a host of new features and compatibility with Windows 10.
Quip released a desktop version of its word processing and spreadsheet software Wednesday, giving Mac and Windows users the ability to modify files on the service without having to open their web browser.
So, what else can Excel do? People ask this question all the time. The answer is "almost anything." Excel has evolved into one of the most versatile programs available. In addition to spreadsheets that calculate everything, it's also a database, a pr...
Microsoft quietly updated its Office 2016 Preview apps for early adopters over the past two weeks with a slew of new features the company announced in a round-up Wednesday.
Microsoft announced a private beta for a pair of new services Wednesday aimed at making its Office 365 service work better in schools.
The U.S. Navy is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to keep up to 100,000 computers afloat because it has yet to transition away from Windows XP.
Google launched an updated version of its Sheets web app for spreadsheet editing on Monday, adding new capabilities that could help lure people away from Microsoft Excel.
Soon, multiple people will be able to work on the same Word document simultaneously, and even see each others' changes as they are typed out in real-time.
Microsoft has acquired LiveLoop and its technology for sharing PowerPoint presentations online more easily.
Microsoft has boosted the functionality of the Office 365 enterprise search and discovery application Delve, and expects to finish its rollout to commercial Office 365 customers by mid-May.
Microsoft has made its Word, Excel and Powerpoint apps for Google's Android OS generally available, and also released new Outlook apps for Android and Apple's iOS.
Two companies have started working on a full-featured version of the free office suite LibreOffice for Android. They hope to have a beta version available in March.
There will be two new Office productivity suites from Microsoft, one of which will premiere alongside Windows 10 and will at long last be optimized for use with touchscreen devices.
Upcoming "universal" versions of Microsoft applications will run on PCs, tablets and small devices including smartphones, and will be different from the desktop version of Office.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- PC World Test rig 2017
- Samsung blames batteries from two makers for Note7 explosions
- Why Apple will make smart glasses
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPMS Dynamics Post Implementation BAQLD
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- TPSenior Business Process analyst - Major Optimisation projectNSW