Microsoft brought its Sway presentation tool out of beta Wednesday, making it generally available for anyone who wants to create Web-based presentations that automatically reshape themselves to fit different devices.
LibreOffice, the popular open source office suite, received a major update Wednesday with the release of version 5.0, which adds a host of new features and compatibility with Windows 10.
Quip released a desktop version of its word processing and spreadsheet software Wednesday, giving Mac and Windows users the ability to modify files on the service without having to open their web browser.
So, what else can Excel do? People ask this question all the time. The answer is "almost anything." Excel has evolved into one of the most versatile programs available. In addition to spreadsheets that calculate everything, it's also a database, a pr...
Microsoft quietly updated its Office 2016 Preview apps for early adopters over the past two weeks with a slew of new features the company announced in a round-up Wednesday.
Microsoft announced a private beta for a pair of new services Wednesday aimed at making its Office 365 service work better in schools.
The U.S. Navy is paying Microsoft millions of dollars to keep up to 100,000 computers afloat because it has yet to transition away from Windows XP.
Google launched an updated version of its Sheets web app for spreadsheet editing on Monday, adding new capabilities that could help lure people away from Microsoft Excel.
Soon, multiple people will be able to work on the same Word document simultaneously, and even see each others' changes as they are typed out in real-time.
Microsoft has acquired LiveLoop and its technology for sharing PowerPoint presentations online more easily.
Microsoft has boosted the functionality of the Office 365 enterprise search and discovery application Delve, and expects to finish its rollout to commercial Office 365 customers by mid-May.
Microsoft has made its Word, Excel and Powerpoint apps for Google's Android OS generally available, and also released new Outlook apps for Android and Apple's iOS.
Two companies have started working on a full-featured version of the free office suite LibreOffice for Android. They hope to have a beta version available in March.
There will be two new Office productivity suites from Microsoft, one of which will premiere alongside Windows 10 and will at long last be optimized for use with touchscreen devices.
Upcoming "universal" versions of Microsoft applications will run on PCs, tablets and small devices including smartphones, and will be different from the desktop version of Office.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Scrum/Pega SystemsNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior Project AnalystVIC
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCRisk and Quality Assurance AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCTeradata DeveloperNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC