Microsoft has again painted a grim picture for customers who remain on Windows XP and Office 2003 after it ends support for the old OS and suite in early April, but it's unclear if the company is succeeding in its campaign to convince holdouts to upg...
Apple launched the iPad four years ago, igniting a tablet frenzy that altered personal computing at home and at work, but Microsoft has yet to release an Office version for touchscreen devices.
Collaboration software vendor Open-Xchange added cloud storage to its offerings to allow users to sync files, folders, documents and pictures.
In appearances in September and October, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft would build native Office editions for iPads and Android tablets, but the company's marketing chief spoke with much less certainty when asked about this on Thursday.
Microsoft is offering multifactor authentication free as an option to all users of its Office 365 suite, a hosted set of Microsoft Office tools and applications.
Open source office suite LibreOffice has overhauled its spreadsheet program, Calc, to try to make it better suited to the needs of enterprise users who handle big data sets.
IT administrators of the Office 365 cloud email and collaboration suite will now be able to check their management console from their mobile devices.
Google is trying to make it easier for Apps customers to find and deploy third-party applications from the Marketplace store it launched a few years ago.
Office Web Apps, the browser-based, pared-down version of the Microsoft suite, now lets people co-edit documents in real time, a capability its main rival Google Docs has had for more than two years.
In the office, people still prefer Microsoft Office.
In another example of the blurred lines between business and personal computing, Whirlpool chose Google Apps because it's convinced Google's focus on consumers gives it a special innovation edge as a provider of enterprise software.
Adding convenience possibly at the expense of security, Google will now let people without a Google Account view documents stored in its Apps cloud suite.
Microsoft is adding subscription pricing for apps in its Office Store, besides opening eight new store fronts.
Microsoft has added features to Power BI for Office 365, a data analysis tool to complement Excel that the company hasn't yet released in final form.
Nonprofit organizations will be able to sign up for Office 365 for free or at a reduced price as part of a new program Microsoft launched on Tuesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. convicts Russian hacker in credit card theft scheme
- Apple patches iOS security flaws found in spyware targeting activist
- Informatica CEO: 'Data security is an unsolved problem'
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- Intel spreads 3D NAND to inexpensive consumer and enterprise SSDs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW