Microsoft has released a collection of tools that will help Visual Studio 2012 users more easily write add-on applications for Microsoft Office 2013, SharePoint 2013 and Microsoft's Office 365 hosted service.
Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet will go on sale in Europe in the second quarter priced somewhere around €899, while a local telco is now reselling the latest editions of its Office 365 hosted productivity suite, the company announced ahead of the Cebi...
Microsoft will upgrade on Wednesday its existing Office 365 cloud email and collaboration suites for businesses, as well as introduce new bundles, growing even more the list of Office 365 editions, which some analysts and users had already termed som...
The note-taking application OneNote, cloud storage service SkyDrive and Yammer enterprise social networking software have emerged as rising stars in the Office family, according to Microsoft's Office Division chief.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) now offers its more than 180 National Societies the option to adopt Office 365, Microsoft's cloud-based suite of email, collaboration and productivity software.
With the release of LibreOffice 4.0, the Document Foundation continues to makes strides in preparing the open source office suite for enterprise use, adding the ability to work with many ECM (enterprise content management) systems and updated compati...
Microsoft will begin selling worldwide on Tuesday the new consumer version of the Office suite, making it available both via a subscription model and perpetual licenses.
Concerns over Windows 8 sales and over the PC market dynamics have prompted Morgan Stanley to downgrade its recommendation on Microsoft's stock.
By switching from Windows to LiMux, its own Linux distribution, the German city of Munich has saved over €11 million (US$14.3 million) to date compared to the costs of a similar migration to a more modern Microsoft-based IT infrastructure.
A majority of the city council in Freiburg, Germany, has voted in favor of ditching the open source suite OpenOffice to return to Microsoft Office after severe problems and complaints from employees.
The city council in Freiburg, Germany, is planning to ditch an open source office suite and go back to using Microsoft Office.
Microsoft just completed its makeover of Office Web Apps, adding improved touch support for phones and tablets and a modern sheen to complement the upcoming Windows 8.
An upgrade of Microsoft's Office Web Apps has been finalized, and a combination of enhancements makes this Web-hosted Office version work much better on iPads than previous iterations.
Microsoft has announced a version of its new Office suite for university students, and one of the most interesting aspects is that it will be sold only through a subscription license.
The organization behind LibreOffice is hoping community members will help it uncover problems with an upcoming release of the open-source office suite via an international "bug hunt" next week.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- TPProcurement & Contracts ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTJava Security SpecialistNSW
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- FTService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- TPIT Project OfficerVIC