When Microsoft launches Office 365 on Tuesday, the countdown will officially begin for current BPOS customers to upgrade to the new suite.
Microsoft's BPOS Cloud-hosted communication and collaboration suite suffered an outage on Wednesday, the latest in a string of technical problems in recent months.
Oracle suddenly <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2011/060111-oracle-submits-openofficeorg-codebase-to.html">announced Wednesday it was submitting</a> the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, ending speculation about...
IT departments can now build custom applications for Google Apps and integrate them with the cloud-based collaboration and communication suite in the same way that commercial software vendors do.
Oracle is submitting the codebase for OpenOffice.org to the Apache Software Foundation, where the productivity suite will live on in the group's incubator program for open-source software initiatives, Oracle announced Wednesday.
Jive Software has acquired OffiSync, whose technology links Microsoft desktop applications with cloud-based enterprise social collaboration suites.
When it comes to deploying Microsoft Office alternatives such as Google Apps, Zoho or Lotus Symphony, enterprise IT managers are in a state of intense curiosity but are still not ready for widespread adoption, according to a new Forrester research re...
Google is trying to recruit college students who used the company's Apps for Education suite in school to become evangelists for the business version of the product as they move on to the workplace.
In an effort to demonstrate the versatility of its PowerPivot business intelligence technology, Microsoft has released a free add-on application to Microsoft Office that analyzes the contents of a user's Microsoft Exchange calendar.
Microsoft is expanding the beta testing program of its Office 365 cloud collaboration and communication suite, almost doubling the number of countries and languages it's available in, the company said on Monday.
Oracle announced Friday that it will no longer sell a commercial version of the Open Office productivity suite, and that the open-source OpenOffice.org will be transitioned to "a purely community-based open-source project."
Although Google Apps has made progress over the past few years as a cloud-based collaboration and productivity suite for businesses, the first big wave of adopters have been government agencies, schools and nonprofit organizations.
A 3-year-old startup called Overtis launched a browser plugin on Tuesday aimed at letting companies control what data employees can access through Web applications such as Salesforce.com and Google Apps.
Google is working to restore offline storage capabilities for its Apps productivity software and should have it done by the end of the year, according to a senior company official on Wednesday.
Google has upgraded the ability to post comments and respond to them in its Docs office productivity applications, making the feature more dynamic and more integrated with e-mail.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCMultiple Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - OTC DerivativesAsia
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Full Stack .NET Developer - AngularJSNSW
- CCProject Reporting Officer - Tabelau exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- TPCRM Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBAQLD
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTEnterprise Database Manager - Defence - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCiOS Developer - 6 Month ContractNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCInformation Content EditorVIC
- FTCRM ConsultantWA
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTiOS Developer - PermanentWA