The nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child wants to join forces to help develop the Indian government's planned US$35 tablet.
The nonprofit group One Laptop Per Child wants to produce a touchscreen tablet computer by 2012 that will cost less than US$100. OLPC released its device roadmap this week, which includes two upgrades to the original XO computer, as well as lofty pla...
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) group has unveiled a new netbook made from one sheet of plastic, which it claims is "unbreakable".
Skeptics are criticizing the nonprofit One Laptop Per Child for losing its educational focus by designing unrealistic hardware at a price point that cannot be achieved.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract notebook computer manufacturer, will put out its first cloud computing products next year as it seeks growth in new markets, the company's chairman said Monday.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
One Laptop Per Child on Friday refreshed its XO-1 laptop hardware, dumping chips from Advanced Micro Devices in favor of processors from Via Technologies.
Nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child is shying away from small deployments of XO laptops to focus on large-scale deployments as it restructures to cope with the recession.
One Laptop Per Child's removal of a program that enables small-scale XO laptop deployments has rattled observers, who are concerned that the nonprofit is changing its focus to large-scale deployments.
The XO laptop will be available on Monday to 30 countries through Amazon.com, marking the first time the laptop will be available to the general public outside the U.S. and Canada.
Colombia will become the second country to use the One Laptop Per Child Project's (OLPC) XO laptops running Microsoft Windows XP in schools after signing an agreement for pilot programs in two towns, Microsoft said late Monday.
The government of Peru will run the first ever trial of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) association's low-cost XO laptop running on Microsoft's Windows XP operating system, putting the nation at the heart of a software controversy.
The so-called US$100 laptop from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) initiative will be available via Amazon.com in the U.S. from November.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) association plans to launch the upcoming second generation of its low-cost XO laptop in the first quarter of 2010, according to an official from the group.
A low-cost XO laptop from the One Laptop Per Child Project (OLPC) that carries both Windows and Linux will be out within the next month or so, according to an OLPC official.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- 100 best practices for keeping big data secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW