The nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child wants to join forces to help develop the Indian government's planned US$35 tablet.
The nonprofit group One Laptop Per Child wants to produce a touchscreen tablet computer by 2012 that will cost less than US$100. OLPC released its device roadmap this week, which includes two upgrades to the original XO computer, as well as lofty pla...
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) group has unveiled a new netbook made from one sheet of plastic, which it claims is "unbreakable".
Skeptics are criticizing the nonprofit One Laptop Per Child for losing its educational focus by designing unrealistic hardware at a price point that cannot be achieved.
Quanta Computer, the world's largest contract notebook computer manufacturer, will put out its first cloud computing products next year as it seeks growth in new markets, the company's chairman said Monday.
India has ordered 250,000 laptops from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) organization, while a human rights organization will supply 5,000 OLPC machines to Sierra Leone.
One Laptop Per Child on Friday refreshed its XO-1 laptop hardware, dumping chips from Advanced Micro Devices in favor of processors from Via Technologies.
Nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child is shying away from small deployments of XO laptops to focus on large-scale deployments as it restructures to cope with the recession.
One Laptop Per Child's removal of a program that enables small-scale XO laptop deployments has rattled observers, who are concerned that the nonprofit is changing its focus to large-scale deployments.
The XO laptop will be available on Monday to 30 countries through Amazon.com, marking the first time the laptop will be available to the general public outside the U.S. and Canada.
Colombia will become the second country to use the One Laptop Per Child Project's (OLPC) XO laptops running Microsoft Windows XP in schools after signing an agreement for pilot programs in two towns, Microsoft said late Monday.
The government of Peru will run the first ever trial of the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) association's low-cost XO laptop running on Microsoft's Windows XP operating system, putting the nation at the heart of a software controversy.
The so-called US$100 laptop from the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) initiative will be available via Amazon.com in the U.S. from November.
The One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) association plans to launch the upcoming second generation of its low-cost XO laptop in the first quarter of 2010, according to an official from the group.
A low-cost XO laptop from the One Laptop Per Child Project (OLPC) that carries both Windows and Linux will be out within the next month or so, according to an OLPC official.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia