With the current uncertainty surrounding who is going to govern Australia for the next three years, the future of the National Broadband Network (NBN) is still up in the air. For the time being, NBN Co has frozen all spending and hiring of employees.
If you've got a few minutes to spare during your lunchbreak, or if you're looking for an easy way to wind down after a long day's work, check out these 10 classic retro and arcade games that have been given new life inside your Web browser.
A friend once told me girl gamers are like unicorns: creatures that are mythical but nonetheless highly coveted by man. While I found it highly offensive to be compared to a glorified horse that doesn’t even exist, I was stumped for a comeback when h...
It looks like Zynga, the casual online games developer known for its wildly popular farm simulations, ticking off Facebook, and alleged "lead generation" scams just added another lifeline to its list of audience-expanding deals by cozying up to Yahoo...
Last week, Activision-Blizzard released a new in-game item for its mega-hit MMO, World of Warcraft. This time out, it was the Celestial Mount and it was the first "usable" virtual pet that the company has sold (your character can ride it). They price...
The news we saw from Electronic Arts today is glimpse at the inevitable future of the games market. The company made two very large announcements today, each pointing to a new direction for its business moving forward, but most tellingly we saw it pu...
In 2004, Australian gamer David Storey made headlines around the world when he purchased a virtual island in the online game Planet Calypso for a cool US$26,500. At the time, it was the highest price that had ever been paid for a virtual item. In the...
How does somebody land a job on a professional e-sports team? What sort of training is involved? How much money can you make? Are those 'all-girl' teams the real deal, or are they just vacuous eye candy? These were some of the questions we posed to T...
Five helpful tips to save you from video game lag.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTAEM Technology Lead - Blue Chip companyNSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- TPStrategic Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 3 Application Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical ConsutlantACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTData Entry Administrator - TelecommunicationsNSW
- TPSecurity Controls Specialist - ISO 27002VIC
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSharepoint Support AnalystVIC
- FTProcess Analyst - Green BeltVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC