Some visitors to several high-profile websites last week were redirected to browser exploits that installed malware on their computers because of malicious advertisements on those sites.
Cybercriminals are in the process of rebuilding the Gameover Zeus (GOZ) botnet, which law enforcement authorities took over in June, and recent research suggests that they've had some success, especially in the U.S.
Adobe Systems has released security patches for its Flash Player, Reader and Acrobat products, addressing a total of eight vulnerabilities, including one that is being exploited by attackers.
Routers appear to be as insecure as ever, after hackers successfully compromised five popular wireless models during a contest at the DefCon 22 security conference, reporting 15 new vulnerabilities to affected vendors.
Specialized servers used by many ISPs to manage routers and other gateway devices provisioned to their customers are accessible from the Internet and can easily be taken over by attackers, researchers warn.
My nine-year-old daughter knows how to use Google. And as someone who just accidentally landed on a porn site after typing what he thought was the URL for a sporting-goods store, I realize it's time to take steps.
Last, Wednesday I showed you kid-friendly search engine Quintura, and we also looked at the kid-friendly Web browser KIDO'Z. Today it's time for the big gun: OpenDNS. It's a server-level filter that promises to protect your kids from online violence,...
Tammy Setzer wants a way to keep her children from deleting their Web browsing history.
Cyberspace can expose kids and teens to many dangerous situations. Parents should be aware of these risks and learn ways to keep their children safe.
Summer vacation is in full swing in large parts of the Northern Hemisphere, and it's time for parents to talk to their teenagers about staying safe during the extra hours they will spend online, three online safety experts said.
I am a genius. I'm charismatic, kind, and understanding. I'm also a Disney princess named Aurora and the reincarnation of Marilyn Monroe.
An unsavory connection from your past. An annoying link to your name that's dragging down your career. A spicy quote you tossed off to a reporter that you wish you could take back.
When it comes to children and the Internet, most parents focus on safe Web browsing. That's understandable, given that the Web can sometimes seem like one big Red Light District. But the Web isn't the only source of objectionable material online. E-m...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 4 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
- 5 Kogan Agora 4G review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Mozilla reports user data leak from Bugzilla project
- Amazon's file sharing service Zocalo now generally available
- FBI, Secret Service studying 'scope' of reported bank cyberattacks
- Retailers urged to defend against 'Backoff' point-of-sale malware
- HTC Desire 610 smartphone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ