Inherent insecurity in the routing protocol that links networks on the Internet poses a direct threat to the infrastructure that secures communications between users and websites.
Researchers have developed a new technique that could allow attackers to determine with a high degree of accuracy which Tor websites users are accessing and where those websites are hosted.
The former administrator of Darkode, the online cybercrime forum that was recently shut down by law enforcement agencies, is preparing to bring it back, with better security and privacy for its members.
Microsoft will make it easier for people to request the removal of links to intimate images or videos from the company's Bing search engine if such content was posted online without their consent.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Go ahead and update Java -- or disable it if you don't remember the last time you actually used it on the Web: Oracle's latest patch, released Tuesday, fixes 25 vulnerabilities in the aging platform, including one that's already being exploited in at...
The huge cache of files recently leaked from Italian surveillance software maker Hacking Team is the gift that keeps on giving for attackers. Researchers sifting through the data found a new exploit for a previously unknown vulnerability in Adobe's F...
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Many commercial software companies and enterprise in-house developers are churning out applications that are insecure by design due to the rapid and often uncontrolled use of open-source components.
Adobe Systems fixed 13 security issues in Flash Player that could lead to serious attacks, including remote code execution and information disclosure.
The U.S. government is mandating the use of the HTTPS security protocol on all of its public websites and web services by the end of 2016.
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
In yet another testament of the awful state of home router security, a group of security researchers uncovered more than 60 vulnerabilities in 22 router models from different vendors, most of which were distributed by ISPs to customers.
Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Companies say IoT matters but don't agree how to secure it
- A robot fish is helping the Navy improve underwater movement
- Here's what you should know, and do, about the Yahoo breach
- Well, I never! iOS 10's voicemail transcription has a potty mouth
- Privacy groups urge US FTC to investigate WhatsApp promises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC