Inherent insecurity in the routing protocol that links networks on the Internet poses a direct threat to the infrastructure that secures communications between users and websites.
Researchers have developed a new technique that could allow attackers to determine with a high degree of accuracy which Tor websites users are accessing and where those websites are hosted.
The former administrator of Darkode, the online cybercrime forum that was recently shut down by law enforcement agencies, is preparing to bring it back, with better security and privacy for its members.
Microsoft will make it easier for people to request the removal of links to intimate images or videos from the company's Bing search engine if such content was posted online without their consent.
There's an old saying in the security community: Attacks always get better. The latest case where that holds true is for the aging RC4 cipher that's still widely used to encrypt communications on the Internet.
Go ahead and update Java -- or disable it if you don't remember the last time you actually used it on the Web: Oracle's latest patch, released Tuesday, fixes 25 vulnerabilities in the aging platform, including one that's already being exploited in at...
The huge cache of files recently leaked from Italian surveillance software maker Hacking Team is the gift that keeps on giving for attackers. Researchers sifting through the data found a new exploit for a previously unknown vulnerability in Adobe's F...
Cisco Systems plans to pay $US635 million in cash to buy OpenDNS, a company that leverages the Domain Name System (DNS) to provide security services including Web filtering, threat intelligence and malware and phishing protection.
Many commercial software companies and enterprise in-house developers are churning out applications that are insecure by design due to the rapid and often uncontrolled use of open-source components.
Adobe Systems fixed 13 security issues in Flash Player that could lead to serious attacks, including remote code execution and information disclosure.
The U.S. government is mandating the use of the HTTPS security protocol on all of its public websites and web services by the end of 2016.
A researcher is warning that a gaming plug-in installed on over 200 million PCs contains a flaw that could let attackers steal users' data from websites they're logged into, such as their Web mail and social networking accounts.
In yet another testament of the awful state of home router security, a group of security researchers uncovered more than 60 vulnerabilities in 22 router models from different vendors, most of which were distributed by ISPs to customers.
Identifying users who access Tor hidden services -- websites that are only accessible inside the Tor anonymity network -- is easier than de-anonymizing users who use Tor to access regular Internet websites.
The majority of 3G and 4G USB modems offered by mobile operators to their customers have vulnerabilities in their Web-based management interfaces that could be exploited remotely when users visit compromised websites.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCSenior Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Architect - Cisco, Aruba and SecurityNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCVendor ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Business Process AnalystNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CC.Net DeveloperACT