The U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) has turned the European Union into a tapping "bazaar" in order to spy on as many EU citizens as possible, NSA leaker Edward Snowden said.
A group of attackers managed to compromise 300,000 home and small-office wireless routers, altering their settings to use rogue DNS servers, according to Internet security research organization Team Cymru.
Mozilla is pushing ahead with its efforts to discourage the use of plug-in based content on the Web and gave developers until the end of March to apply for an exemption from the plug-in blocking planned for the Firefox browser.
Fourteen prominent security and cryptography experts have signed an open letter to technology companies urging them to take steps to regain users' trust following reports over the past year that vendors collaborated with government agencies to underm...
The number of attacks exploiting a yet-to-be-patched vulnerability in Internet Explorer has increased dramatically over the past few days, indicating the exploit is no longer used just in targeted attacks against particular groups of people.
Technical details about a vulnerability in Linksys routers that's being exploited by a new worm have been released Sunday along with a proof-of-concept exploit and a larger than earlier expected list of potentially vulnerable device models.
Dozens of self-signed SSL certificates created to impersonate banking, e-commerce and social networking websites have been found on the Web. The certificates don't pose a big threat to browser users, but could be used to launch man-in-the-middle atta...
Adobe Systems released a security update for Shockwave Player in order to address two vulnerabilities that could allow attackers to remotely take control of affected systems.
Attacks recently observed in Poland involved cybercriminals hacking into home routers and changing their DNS settings so they can intercept user connections to online banking sites.
The Syrian Electronic Army (SEA), a group of hackers who have made a habit of hijacking high-profile domain names, managed to change the domain registration information for Facebook.com, but failed to redirect the domain to a different server.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) has reportedly infiltrated hacktivist groups and used denial-of-service and other techniques to disrupt their online activities.
Adobe released an update for Flash Player to fix a critical remote code execution vulnerability that is actively being targeted by attackers.
Tumblr now allows users to encrypt their connections with the microblogging service, but the feature is only offered as an option for now.
GoDaddy has acknowledged that one of its employees fell victim to a social engineering attack allowing a hacker to take over a customer's domain names and eventually extort a coveted Twitter user name from him. PayPal, which the victim claimed also p...
The official Angry Birds website was defaced by hackers following reports that U.S. and U.K. intelligence agencies have been collecting user information from the game and other popular mobile apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple patches vulnerable OS X Git version that put developers at risk
- To go from IT to IoT, build on your skills
- FAA setting up advisory panel on drones led by Intel CEO
- Optus looks to lock in EPL fans with new bundles
- A Russian hacker gave away millions of email credentials for social media votes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst / AdministratorACT
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer, renewable contractAsia
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTMultiple opportunities for Front and Back end Web DevelopersVIC
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/Unix) 160509/AP/395Asia