By embedding an e-paper display in the back of credit and debit cards, payment specialist Oberthur Technologies hopes to make online fraud a lot more difficult. An upcoming test in France will show if the underlying technology can cut it.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
Tens of thousands of home routers have been infected with malware, and are being used by hackers to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, including by the hacktivist group Anonymous.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
For the past several days security researchers have raced to demonstrate that phishing protections added by a new Google Chrome extension can be bypassed with ease.
Microsoft is taking a hard stance against advertisements that trick users into visiting malicious websites or downloading potentially harmful applications.
A serious flaw in a component that's used to authenticate clients on Wi-Fi networks could expose Android, Linux, BSD, and possibly Windows and Mac OS X systems to attacks.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
French-language TV network TV5Monde was hit by a crippling cyberattack Wednesday that disrupted broadcasting across its channels and also involved the hijacking of its website and social media accounts.
A vulnerability in the popular WP Super Cache plug-in for WordPress could allow attackers to inject malicious scripts into websites. The scripts, when loaded by administrators, could trigger unauthorized actions.
A large number of ads distributed by a Google advertising partner redirected users to Web-based exploits that attempted to install malware on users' computers.
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI reports more attempts to hack voter registration system
- Home Theatre review: Which is better, a 4K projector or 4K TV?
- Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 review: HD video and stereo sound add polish to video calls
- Boat rental with GetMyBoat – the AirBnB of boating
- A new Microsoft tool shows how Win 10 might affect devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW