By embedding an e-paper display in the back of credit and debit cards, payment specialist Oberthur Technologies hopes to make online fraud a lot more difficult. An upcoming test in France will show if the underlying technology can cut it.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
Tens of thousands of home routers have been infected with malware, and are being used by hackers to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, including by the hacktivist group Anonymous.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
For the past several days security researchers have raced to demonstrate that phishing protections added by a new Google Chrome extension can be bypassed with ease.
Microsoft is taking a hard stance against advertisements that trick users into visiting malicious websites or downloading potentially harmful applications.
A serious flaw in a component that's used to authenticate clients on Wi-Fi networks could expose Android, Linux, BSD, and possibly Windows and Mac OS X systems to attacks.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
French-language TV network TV5Monde was hit by a crippling cyberattack Wednesday that disrupted broadcasting across its channels and also involved the hijacking of its website and social media accounts.
A vulnerability in the popular WP Super Cache plug-in for WordPress could allow attackers to inject malicious scripts into websites. The scripts, when loaded by administrators, could trigger unauthorized actions.
A large number of ads distributed by a Google advertising partner redirected users to Web-based exploits that attempted to install malware on users' computers.
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- FTAPI DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- CCDeveloper - Tag managementNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- FTSitecore .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- FTJapanese Speaking Technical Support EngineerNSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperACT