By embedding an e-paper display in the back of credit and debit cards, payment specialist Oberthur Technologies hopes to make online fraud a lot more difficult. An upcoming test in France will show if the underlying technology can cut it.
The latest versions of Safari for Mac OS X and iOS are vulnerable to a URL-spoofing exploit that could allow hackers to launch credible phishing attacks.
Tens of thousands of home routers have been infected with malware, and are being used by hackers to launch distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks, including by the hacktivist group Anonymous.
In the latest attack involving malicious advertisements, hackers managed to launch Flash Player exploits against the visitors of several popular porn websites.
For the past several days security researchers have raced to demonstrate that phishing protections added by a new Google Chrome extension can be bypassed with ease.
Microsoft is taking a hard stance against advertisements that trick users into visiting malicious websites or downloading potentially harmful applications.
A serious flaw in a component that's used to authenticate clients on Wi-Fi networks could expose Android, Linux, BSD, and possibly Windows and Mac OS X systems to attacks.
Cryptography experts at the RSA security conference on Tuesday picked holes in U.S. plans to require that law enforcers be given a way to break encryption to exercise lawful intercept rights.
Apps used by millions of iPhone and iPad owners became vulnerable to snooping when a flaw was introduced into third-party code they used to establish HTTPS connections.
Google plans to serve most of its ads over encrypted HTTPS connections by the end of June, a move that will protect against some ad hijacking attacks and will encourage website owners to enable encryption on their Web properties.
French-language TV network TV5Monde was hit by a crippling cyberattack Wednesday that disrupted broadcasting across its channels and also involved the hijacking of its website and social media accounts.
A vulnerability in the popular WP Super Cache plug-in for WordPress could allow attackers to inject malicious scripts into websites. The scripts, when loaded by administrators, could trigger unauthorized actions.
A large number of ads distributed by a Google advertising partner redirected users to Web-based exploits that attempted to install malware on users' computers.
Google forgot to renew one of its TLS certificates, leading to service disruption Saturday for people using Gmail through third-party email clients.
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Attackers deploy rogue proxies on computers to hijack HTTPS traffic
- Intel's new Kaby Lake chips for PC: Here's the company's vision
- New ransomware threat deletes files from Linux web servers
- HPE is betting big on AI to fuel your apps and analytics
- Apple must repay $14.5 billion in underpaid taxes in Ireland
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCMS Access DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW