Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
Google has identified and disabled 192 Chrome browser extensions that injected rogue ads into Web pages opened by users without being upfront about it. The company will scan for similar policy violations in future.
Over the last few days, a large number of British Airways customers have found that reward points they accumulated for flights, called Avios, have disappeared from their accounts. Others have been locked out of their accounts completely.
Some Internet gateway devices commonly used by hotels and conference centers can easily be compromised by hackers, allowing them to launch a variety of attacks against guests accessing the Wi-Fi networks.
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Expl...
Flash files that are vulnerable to a serious flaw patched by Adobe Systems over three years ago still exist on many websites, exposing users to potential attacks.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
More than 700,000 ADSL routers provided to customers by ISPs around the world contain serious flaws that allow remote hackers to take control of them.
After a security enthusiast discovered a loophole that allowed him to register a valid SSL certificate for Microsoft's live.fi domain, he tried to responsibly disclose the issue. But instead of thanks he got locked out of his email, phone, Xbox and o...
Microsoft updated its Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free exploit prevention tool, to protect against attacks that attempt to bypass Internet Explorer's sandbox using VBScript.
Microsoft released an update to blacklist an SSL certificate for one of its domain names that was issued to an unauthorized third party.
In an effort to simplify authentication for its services, Yahoo has introduced a new mechanism that allows users to log in with temporary passwords that are sent to their mobile phones.
Over a million WordPress websites that use a popular plug-in to optimize their search engine results are at risk of being hacked if they don't apply a newly released patch.
A new tool allows hackers to generate URLs that can hijack accounts on sites that use Facebook Login, potentially enabling powerful phishing attacks.
Adobe Systems launched a new program that encourages security researchers to find and report vulnerabilities in the company's websites and other online services.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s standing to sue over secret US data requests in question
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTIdentity Access + Security ConsultantSA
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTBack End DeveloperNSW
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- TPTechnical Solutions Architect-Dynamics CRMVIC
- CCWebMethod DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Permanent OpportunityNSW