Over 100,000 devices have a misconfigured service called multicast DNS that accepts requests from the Internet and can potentially be abused to amplify distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks.
Google has identified and disabled 192 Chrome browser extensions that injected rogue ads into Web pages opened by users without being upfront about it. The company will scan for similar policy violations in future.
Over the last few days, a large number of British Airways customers have found that reward points they accumulated for flights, called Avios, have disappeared from their accounts. Others have been locked out of their accounts completely.
Some Internet gateway devices commonly used by hotels and conference centers can easily be compromised by hackers, allowing them to launch a variety of attacks against guests accessing the Wi-Fi networks.
Microsoft has blacklisted a subordinate CA certificate that was wrongfully used to issue SSL certificates for several Google websites. The action will prevent those certificates from being used in Google website spoofing attacks against Internet Expl...
Flash files that are vulnerable to a serious flaw patched by Adobe Systems over three years ago still exist on many websites, exposing users to potential attacks.
Security researchers who participated in the Pwn2Own hacking contest this week demonstrated remote code execution exploits against the top four browsers, and also hacked the widely used Adobe Reader and Flash Player plug-ins.
More than 700,000 ADSL routers provided to customers by ISPs around the world contain serious flaws that allow remote hackers to take control of them.
After a security enthusiast discovered a loophole that allowed him to register a valid SSL certificate for Microsoft's live.fi domain, he tried to responsibly disclose the issue. But instead of thanks he got locked out of his email, phone, Xbox and o...
Microsoft updated its Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a free exploit prevention tool, to protect against attacks that attempt to bypass Internet Explorer's sandbox using VBScript.
Microsoft released an update to blacklist an SSL certificate for one of its domain names that was issued to an unauthorized third party.
In an effort to simplify authentication for its services, Yahoo has introduced a new mechanism that allows users to log in with temporary passwords that are sent to their mobile phones.
Over a million WordPress websites that use a popular plug-in to optimize their search engine results are at risk of being hacked if they don't apply a newly released patch.
A new tool allows hackers to generate URLs that can hijack accounts on sites that use Facebook Login, potentially enabling powerful phishing attacks.
Adobe Systems launched a new program that encourages security researchers to find and report vulnerabilities in the company's websites and other online services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Honeywell resolve patent dispute over Nest thermostats
- FTTN revenue begins to trickle in for NBN
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- Samsung Notebook 9 Pro review: This feature-packed 15-inch laptop makes a few compromises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCBusiness Project ManagerAsia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/JAVA/Oracle) 160504/SA/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - master data managementACT
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC