From shopping carts to marketing tools to image-editing software, here's a look at 35 open source tools and hosted services that can help you get started with your own Web store.
Open source software
Having closed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, Attachmate now is eyeing cloud service providers as potential customers for the company's newly acquired Suse Linux platform. The company also plans to continue promoting Suse for deployment on ma...
Novell is porting Moonlight, an open source version of Microsoft's Silverlight rich Internet application plug-in software, to Google's Android mobile platform, a Novell official acknowledged on Tuesday afternoon.
IBM may have made the open source Linux OS a staple of its software line, but the company is keeping its own DB2 database proprietary, a company official said on Wednesday afternoon.
After years of making accommodations for such&nbsp; platforms as AJAX, the Eclipse Foundation will return to its Java roots this June
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Inside Intel's bold plan to personalize live 3D sports broadcasts
- Assange seeks to discuss his US extradition with the feds
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCTester- InfrastructureACT
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - DataQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCApplication PackagerVIC
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC