Increasingly stiff competition in the database market has claimed another victim, as InfiniDB has ceased operations effective immediately with plans to file for bankruptcy.
Security advisories for OpenSSL should not be used for competitive advantage, according to the development project behind the widely used cryptography component.
VMware wants to bring enterprise-class reliability to OpenStack by releasing a distribution of cloud hosting software that runs on top of the virtualization stack.
IT shops that want professional support for MongoDB without paying for the enterprise edition of the company's increasingly popular NoSQL database now have an option from MongoDB itself.
Chasing the successful hosting model of GitHub, Linux distributor CoreOS has set up an online repository where organizations can store and share their Docker containers.
Watch out Oracle, Pivotal is offering a lighter alternative to the Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) stack.
The team at Mitro Labs, the developer of a password manager, is joining Twitter, and its software is being released under a free and open source license, Mitro said Thursday.
The U.K. government has adopted ODF as its standard for the exchange of word processor and spreadsheet files between departments and with citizens and suppliers, meaning that companies and citizens will not be required to buy a particular application...
Borrowing a technique from the software development community, Chef, maker of a popular system configuration tool, has released the first commercial software to support a new and supposedly more effective approach to managing hardware and software, c...
Oracle is hoping to turn heads in the crowded data analysis market with Big Data SQL, a software tool that can run a single SQL query against Oracle's own database as well as Hadoop and NoSQL data stores.
IBM, Microsoft, Red Hat and other IT vendors are lending a hand to Google to help build software that enterprises could use to manage their computerized workloads in the cloud.
The OpenSSL Project is planning a number of changes to ensure its security component, used across millions of computers across the Internet, is in tip-top shape.
Taking on Google, Databricks plans to offer its own cloud service for analyzing live data streams, one based on the Apache Spark software.
Hoping to simplify life for system administrators, CoreOS has launched a commercial Linux distribution that continually updates itself, eliminating the need to perform major upgrades.
Supercomputer vendor Cray is trying to make the Lustre file system easier to work with, allowing users to copy material from the file system into a multilayered storage archiving system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTFunctional Business Analyst - Commodities and FX DomainNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC