Users who have gone through the experience advised their peers during OpenWorld
Oracle chairman, Larry Ellison, has delivered another dose of hype for the vendor's Cloud platform, but many customers may need more convincing before they make the leap.
Oracle has overhauled the way it will build user interfaces in a bid to meet customers' expectations for user-friendly mobile applications -- and also to keep pace with rivals Salesforce.com and Workday.
Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
Add Big Data and analytics to the businesses Oracle wants to dominate in the Cloud.
Last week's OpenWorld conference made on thing clear: Oracle remains committed to its next-generation Fusion Applications but massive growth in the product line is probably not around the corner.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW