opera in pictures
Here are a dozen extensions that improve the Opera user experience.
Upset that not enough users are blocking ads, Opera says it may switch its ad-blocking preference to being on by default.
After launching versions of its browser with integrated VPN and ad blocking, Opera's tried something different: a "concept browser," Opera Neon.
Opera 41 doesn't have any stellar new features, but it does improve performance for start-up times, battery life, and CPU usage.
Opera has migrated its free, unlimited VPN service to the stable version of its desktop browser, allowing you to surf anonymously and tap into content from other countries.
Opera warned Friday that users who had stored their passwords in the Opera cloud via its syncing mechanism may have had them compromised.
If you're a regular PCWorld reader, you may have noticed the Browser Blowout story we posted last week. In it, I looked at various aspects of the major Web browsers, including features, interface, security, and performance.
It came as a surprise to almost everyone when Apple approved the Opera Mini Browser app for its App Store. It is a competing browser for Apple's own Safari--which is the default browser of the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad--and it is not built on the ...
For browser fans, this is the best of times.
Opera has always been packed with features, but it has yet to garner the same kind of publicity that Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome enjoy. And that's a shame, because version 10 of the venerable Web browser adds a slew of clever features that...
Opera Software lit up the blogosphere today with the debut of its Opera Unite, a collaborative technology that embeds a Web server in its Opera 10 browser, which is still in beta.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPTeam Leader Project And Quality AssuranceVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- CC1 st Level Help Desk SupportNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTWindows EngineerWA
- FTFull Stack Developer - Symfony 2QLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- TPOffice 365 Deployment SupportQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | DETQLD
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD