The Microsoft of today is not the same as the Microsoft as yesterday, and Satya Nadella's appointment as CEO was the catalyst.
operating system in pictures
Today’s developers need to be mobile to be efficient because problems don’t go away when you’re out of the office. This list of iOS apps promises to keep you connected and able to handle tasks regardless of where and when they come up.
The latest version, Build 9926, does not include some of the things that Microsoft showed off on Jan. 21, including deep integration of Skype into the OS, and the new Spartan web browser. But there are many important features in this build.
Windows 10 may still be in beta, but it already has some fun and handy, hidden new features worth exploring. Check 'em out here.
Nyansa, based in Silicon Valley, emerged from stealth mode on Monday with Voyance, a Cloud-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) offering that analyses inputs from wired and wireless LANs to gauge users' actual experiences on a network.
BlackBerry has stopped producing phones with its in-house operating system as the company focuses on a more secure Android.
Ransomware has become a real scourge for consumers, businesses and even government institutions. Unfortunately, there's no end in sight, so here's what you should know.
US consumers have fallen for Windows 10, according to researcher IDC, with a larger fraction of those polled already running the OS than either Windows 7 or Windows 8.
One-time passcodes, a crucial defense for online banking applications, are being intercepted by a malware program for Android, according to new research from Symantec.
From the software concept called JeOS (pronounced "juice"), the Just Enough OS, to hardware concepts like Celio RedFly, an 8-inch screen and keyboard device running applications off a smartphone via a USB or a Bluetooth connection, there are an incre...
Sooner or later, we all end up installing new software on our computers. Whether it's a new version of Firefox, or a cool game, or a video editing package, there comes a time when you want to make your system do more than it can do now.
One stone-cold fact about Windows 7 is that we need more stone-cold facts in order to understand the new operating system that is likely to arrive in early 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Windows 7 PCs with free OS upgrade are still available, for now
- SwiftKey's typing predictions may have leaked users' emails
- New Android Trojan SpyNote leaks on underground forums
- ISP groups appeal net neutrality court defeat
- IBM's Cloud CTO: 'We're in this game to win'
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager CCTVNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCGeo-spatial AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCUX/UI Designer DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Systems AdministratorQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTProject ManagerVIC