Social media is now embedded in our business workflows, our shopping habits, and our news sources. So it's no wonder that Microsoft infused social media features into its Windows 8 contacts app, People. The message is clear. Since social media is omn...
Windows 8 comes preloaded with plenty of apps for basic productivity and entertainment, but they're not necessarily the best you can do. We've already mentioned the apps you should download first, but now we want to share some third-party apps that y...
Having finally launched its next-generation operating system, Windows 8, Microsoft now faces what may be its most daunting marketing challenge ever.
Windows 8 is rife with features and behaviors that conspire to perplex even the most experienced PC users. Not all of them are bad, per se, but few of them are immediately intuitive. Making matters worse, the OS was primarily designed for touch contr...
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
Microsoft's radical shift to touch-centric computing in Windows 8 is far from the only difference between the new operating system and its predecessor.
With the official launch of Windows 8 on the imminent horizon, PC manufacturers have announced a diverse array of new hardware. The problem with all of the desktop options is that they lack the one peripheral device they need to work effectively with...
Windows XP users, your favorite operating system is a decade old, and if you're still using it, you're not cool anymore, at least according to Microsoft. That's the software giant's recent take on its aging OS, which is still more popular than Vista ...
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Server adds innovative features and a new low price tag, but cuts in services and the elimination of advanced GUI administration tools may force some enterprise departments to think twice about the role of Mac servers on their netw...
Reader David Mitchell delves into the personal with this question about Lion. He writes:
Thanks to three new features in Lion -- and improvements to one older feature -- losing your data or your place may soon be a thing of the past. Versions, Auto Save, Resume, and Time Machine combine to make sure that not only are your documents thoro...
Lion introduces a slew of changes to the OS X interface -- some of them entirely new, others variations on existing features. In either case, they're going to take some getting used to.
At long last, Lion (Mac OS X 10.7) is available, and unlike previous versions of the Mac OS, getting it doesn't involve driving to the nearest Apple Store or retailer, or waiting for the FedEx truck to arrive -- you just download it directly from the...
While there are many new features in Lion -- like Mission Control and Launchpad -- you'll also find some old familiars: The Finder, Spotlight, Quick Look, the Dock, and About this Mac, for example, are all still there. But that's not to say these OS ...
If you haven't synced your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad in the last 24 hours, you've got a surprise waiting for you: Apple has released iOS 4.3, promising new ways to access iTunes content, a Wi-Fi personal hotspot option and improved browser speeds. I...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's OneDrive for Business gets Mac client, shared folder sync
- Cyber criminals avoid fraud within their own ranks with new site
- If you want to be an Xbox Insider, Microsoft says you'll now have to earn it
- In PC comeback, ARM will battle Intel in Chromebooks and Windows 10
- GPG Suite updated for secure email on OSX Sierra
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Support ConsultantVIC
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTChange ManagerACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPTechnical WriterACT
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)Other
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW