The newest enterprise edition of the Suse Linux distribution allows administrators to go back in time, for instance, to immediately before they made that fatal system-crippling mistake.
The cries for help from frazzled Mac owners whose Wi-Fi connections went haywire after upgrading to OS X Yosemite are being met by Apple with stone-faced silence.
Canonical continues to aggressively equip its flagship Ubuntu Linux server software with more tools to help users build and run clouds.
Microsoft is continuing its crusade to get CIOs interested in Windows 10, touting new security features that include two-factor authentication built directly into the OS.
Windows 10 Technical Preview testers are getting a new build of the OS with almost 7,000 changes, including the addition of the Action Center console already available in Windows Phone.
Complaints that Mac OS X Yosemite disrupts or entirely disables Wi-Fi have been flowing into social media sites and discussion forums since the release of the OS last Thursday, but Apple has yet to acknowledge there's a problem.
Apple is being called out for how it shares desktop and Web searches in its latest desktop operating system, Yosemite.
Apple desktop and laptop computers will play better with iPads and iPhones via new Continuity integration features on iOS 8.1 and MacOS X Yosemite, available free, starting Monday for iOS 8.1 and today for Yosemite.
Microsoft's stripped-down version of Windows 8 is coming to the Intel Galileo Gen2 developer board.
Microsoft has kicked off the Windows 10 public testing period, but the company wants the fearless enthusiasts willing to participate in the Insider Program to be aware of a number of things before they jump in.
Microsoft gave the first look at its Windows 10 operating system on Tuesday, a major release that will span all hardware from PCs to phones and try to address the ills that have dogged Windows 8.
Humbled by businesses' dislike for Windows 8, Microsoft has issued a mea culpa, offered the world a first peek at Windows 10 and pledged that the new OS will delight IT executives. But the true test of whether Microsoft can move past its Windows 8 mi...
It's official: The next version of Windows is dubbed Windows 10, bizarrely enough, and it's chock-full of tweaks and features designed to make PC enthusiasts smile, including multiple desktop support, a reborn Start menu, new multitasking options, wi...
At a press event on Tuesday, Microsoft launched the next version of Windows: Not Windows One, not Windows 9, but Windows 10, which combines the reborn Start menu with Windows 8's colorful live tiles and adjusts its behavior depending on how you're us...
Microsoft's major update to its operating system, called Windows 10, has been built to blend old and new in a way that will be familiar to Windows 7 users while also retaining much of its more modern tile interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 Motorola Moto G (2nd Gen.) android smartphone
- 5 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW