For the first time in its short history, Google Android is now the No.1 mobile operating system in the world, according to research firm Canalys.
Revenues from Windows plummeted 30 per cent last quarter compared to the same period the year before, Microsoft said on Thursday.
There seems to be no end to the momentum propelling Linux into the mainstream these days, and this week news came out that's surely among the most exciting developments yet.
You may have heard that the HTC HD2 can be hacked to run both the Windows Phone 7 OS and the Android OS. But now it can run both...at the same time!
IT professionals enjoyed a dramatically improved hiring landscape in 2010, marked in particular by the fewest job cuts in a year since 2000.
Leaked photos of HP and Palm's WebOS tablet have appeared online, courtesy of Engadget. The device - slim, sleek and running WebOS - is the companies' response to the iPad and is just a fraction what we will see at an HP event, HP says. But can an HP...
Attack code for a Windows vulnerability that Microsoft patched last week was released by a researcher one day after the company fixed the flaw.
Ubuntu 11.04 may just be one of the most widely -- and sometimes even anxiously -- anticipated releases yet of Canonical's popular open source operating system.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
Nearly a month after it yanked an Outlook 2007 update over connection and performance problems, Microsoft this week re-released the patch to correct its mistakes.
Apple isn't wasting any time getting to work this January after bringing the iPhone to Verizon earlier this week. The company released the first beta version of iOS 4.3 for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Apple TV on Wednesday night. The new version of ...
A recent CNBC interview with an HP executive is focusing attention on the company's expected webOS device news, including a possible tablet, on Feb. 9 in San Francisco.
The departure of long-time Microsoft executive Bob Muglia is a troubling sign because he was held in high esteem by the firm's technical talent, an analyst said today.
Each year, the editors and reviewers of the InfoWorld Test Center gather to look over the list of products that earned the highest marks in stand-alone reviews or came in first in multiproduct shoot-outs. We then determine which ones were particularl...
It seems like hackers who inatall the Android operating system on everything decided to mix it up a bit. The folks over at XDA Developers have successfully ported Ubuntu HD2 version 0.3 to the Samsung Nexus S phone. You read that correctly: They repl...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPUAT LeadQLD
- CCTelecommunication Operations Specialist - Hobart/LauncestonTAS
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)NSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW