Microsoft today patched three vulnerabilities in Windows, one that could be exploited by attackers who dupe users into visiting a malicious Web site.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Monday that he has decided to replace Bob Muglia as the head of the Server and Tools Business, and that Muglia will leave Microsoft this summer instead of taking on a new role at the company.
You knew this was coming.
More than 80 tablet computers were shown at the four-day International Consumer Electronics Show, and one expert predicted some wouldn't last beyond the event.
Despite Linux's growing popularity, trade shows like CES tend to be dominated by Microsoft and other vendors of closed-source products.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
Microsoft's announcement yesterday at CES that its next version of Windows will run on the ARM chip architecture was the wrong message at the wrong place, said an industry analyst.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer positioned Windows 7 as an operating system that can drive new and innovative products, as the company tries to fend off competition from tablet computers based on software from Google and Apple.
Ericuse165 asked the Windows forum if it's wise to upgrade his netbook's OS from Windows 7 Starter to a more powerful version.
Opera devotees will be glad to hear that the browser is coming to tablets running Android and Windows 7, with the same features of its mobile software on other platforms.
Microsoft took advantage of the spotlight at CES to show off some of the capabilities of the next-generation Windows 8 operating system, and reveal that the flagship OS will break the x86 shackles and run on ARM architecture platforms -- like tablets...
A British company has signed a deal to work with Google on the company's Chrome operating system. Cambridge-based RealVNC offers remote access technology which will be incorporated into Chrome
Microsoft today announced it would release just two security updates next week to patch three vulnerabilities in Windows.
Google showed off the first preview of features in Honeycomb, its upcoming version of Android designed for tablets, during a keynote speech Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
As promised, Apple opened its Mac App Store today, stocking it with more than 1,000 games, utilities and productivity programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cybercriminals adopt spies' techniques to pull off online bank heists
- Watch hundreds of robots and drones in an amazing choreographed dance
- Java installer flaw shows why you should clear your Downloads folder
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCMid-level DevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA