Microsoft today patched three vulnerabilities in Windows, one that could be exploited by attackers who dupe users into visiting a malicious Web site.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer said Monday that he has decided to replace Bob Muglia as the head of the Server and Tools Business, and that Muglia will leave Microsoft this summer instead of taking on a new role at the company.
You knew this was coming.
More than 80 tablet computers were shown at the four-day International Consumer Electronics Show, and one expert predicted some wouldn't last beyond the event.
Despite Linux's growing popularity, trade shows like CES tend to be dominated by Microsoft and other vendors of closed-source products.
It's been an interesting week watching all the many products coming out of this year's CES, with all their shiny new features and innovative appeal.
Microsoft's announcement yesterday at CES that its next version of Windows will run on the ARM chip architecture was the wrong message at the wrong place, said an industry analyst.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer positioned Windows 7 as an operating system that can drive new and innovative products, as the company tries to fend off competition from tablet computers based on software from Google and Apple.
Ericuse165 asked the Windows forum if it's wise to upgrade his netbook's OS from Windows 7 Starter to a more powerful version.
Opera devotees will be glad to hear that the browser is coming to tablets running Android and Windows 7, with the same features of its mobile software on other platforms.
Microsoft took advantage of the spotlight at CES to show off some of the capabilities of the next-generation Windows 8 operating system, and reveal that the flagship OS will break the x86 shackles and run on ARM architecture platforms -- like tablets...
A British company has signed a deal to work with Google on the company's Chrome operating system. Cambridge-based RealVNC offers remote access technology which will be incorporated into Chrome
Microsoft today announced it would release just two security updates next week to patch three vulnerabilities in Windows.
Google showed off the first preview of features in Honeycomb, its upcoming version of Android designed for tablets, during a keynote speech Thursday at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
As promised, Apple opened its Mac App Store today, stocking it with more than 1,000 games, utilities and productivity programs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dropbox changed passwords after 68M accounts were compromised
- 16 TV buying tips that salespeople won’t tell you about
- Okta's API access product targets the trend toward services
- Say hello to old friend Dell Technologies on Sept. 7
- DARPA sees IoT and AI as weapons to dominate wars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCVMWare SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC