"We're dreaming about holograms," said Alex Kipman of Microsoft, as he unveiled a new set of technologies that will bring 3D imaging and augmented reality to Windows. That's right: holograms--possibly the biggest surprise from Wednesday's the Windows...
Windows 10 will feature a new browser with a minimalist interface and a new rendering engine, but there is one thing it very prominently lacks: the name Internet Explorer.
The artificial wall between Xbox players and PC gamers will get torn down with Microsoft's upcoming Windows 10, which allows streaming of Xbox One games to PCs and even lets gamers on the two disparate platforms play together.
After kicking off our original look at Windows 10 with a bevy of business-friendly features, Microsoft drew back the curtain on the operating system's new consumer-focused features at an event on Wednesday, while simultaneously driving home a vision ...
Four months after pitching Windows 10 to businesses, Microsoft is focusing on consumers at an event where CEO Satya Nadella and other officials are pledging that the new OS offers individuals significant advances over Windows 8, its problematic prede...
When Microsoft unveils the consumer editions of Windows 10 next week, key questions about the OS will be on the table.
It has been 25 years since the potential market failure of a Microsoft operating system carried serious consequences outside the corporation's own campus. MS-DOS and Windows versions have failed to gain traction before and even been publicly lampoone...
It has been Microsoft's goal ever since it dumped Windows Mobile: to deliver an operating system kernel that worked just as well on a handheld device as on a laptop. Back in 2008, that goal seemed rather ambitious. And as we saw with Windows 8, it's ...
A glitch in the search software in Apple's OS X Yosemite can expose private details of Apple Mail users, revealing their IP address as well as other system details to spammers, phishers and online tracking companies.
As the Windows 10 release gets closer, excitement around the OS is growing among those waiting to close the curtain on Windows 8.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
Microsoft is finally cracking down on scammers who offer to fix non-existent computer problems for hundreds of dollars. In a first strike, Microsoft sued several U.S. companies it said are involved in fake tech support scams.
Microsoft won't talk about what Windows 10 will cost until next year. But it's looking unlikely that it will be completely free, either for users or for PC makers building larger devices, after Chief Operating Officer Kevin Turner said that Windows 1...
Administrators who spent time this year retiring their last computers running Microsoft Windows XP might have another migration task ahead -- Microsoft is set to retire its Windows Server 2003 operating system next July.
Microsoft's Windows 10 is still in testing, but hardware makers can't wait for the day the OS replaces the controversial Windows 8.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW