Oracle should piggyback on Microsoft's update service to boost users' chances of running a patched version of Java, a security expert said today.
Ubuntu 10.10 came out earlier this month, and early reviews of the operating system have been very favorable. Right now many thousands of people around the world are downloading it.
Everyone knows that the Mac OS X operating system is just inherently secure. Any Apple loyalist will gladly explain to you everything that is wrong with Microsoft Windows, and how happy they are with not having to worry about malware and exploits on ...
Why is it that what's viewed as healthy competition in one arena is so frequently labeled a "fragmentation problem" in other areas these days?
Given all the dismal market-share statistics so lovingly reproduced by Microsoft and like-minded partners, it's not entirely surprising to see observers declare that the dream of the Linux desktop is dead.
In the world of Apple, 2010 has been the year of mobile. The iPad has become such a household name it's amazing that it was only first announced 10 months ago. It's hard to imagine using an iOS device now without multitasking. And let's not forget ab...
Western Digital Tuesday announced it's been shipping the industry's first serial ATA (SATA) 3TB internal hard drive for about a week. The new drive passes the previous 2.19TB ceiling due to 4-kilobyte sector sizes.
Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday announced the next-generation Palm OS, calling webOS 2.0 the "most significant upgrade" since the mobile platform was introduced in 2009.
Apple CEO Steve Jobs yesterday took shots at Google and dismissed iPad wannabes as "dead on arrival" during his company's earnings call with Wall Street analysts.
Apple announced on Monday that it once again had set a Mac sales record last quarter, and also broke previous records for both the iPhone and iPad.
Ericuse165 asked the Windows forum which is better: the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7.
It kills me to say this: The dream of Linux as a major desktop OS is now pretty much dead.
One of the most persistent myths surrounding Linux and other open source software is that there's no easy way to get good support. Just this week, for instance, we saw this claim used in Microsoft's anti-OpenOffice.org video, obviously with the hope ...
One of the things I miss about Windows Vista -- okay, the only thing I miss about Vista -- is the Sidebar. Much as I applaud Microsoft's decision to liberate its desktop gadgets, to make it so you can position them anywhere you like, did it have to b...
Windows 7 has been a homerun for Microsoft -- becoming the fastest selling operating system of all time. But, there are still many organizations that can't seem to make the switch from Windows XP due to reliance on legacy applications that aren't com...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Critical flaws in ImageMagick library expose websites to hacking
- Ads mislead over broadband Internet access pricing, regulator warns
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTSupport AnalystQLD
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCService DeskWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Workforce ManagementVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW